corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » IT professionals in here

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IT professionals in here
SetH

User status: Online
11th Nov 03 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right,

Tommorow i will be repatching all the switches and hubs in our server room for both data and voice. Just wondered if anyone had done this before, its for about 100 connections. Did you encounter any major problems, would you have done it differently next time, any tips that might be usefull?

I have a feeling ill be there late into the night
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Nov 03 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your daisy chaining hubs and switchs please use different colour cat 5 patch cables this really pisses me off
Steve
Premium Member

11th Nov 03 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and try to match port numbers on the patch panel to port numbers on the switch as best u can
RobHardyUK

11th Nov 03 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont drink whilst doing it and you will be ok
DAYZEE

11th Nov 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't rush it and use the cable management properly, you'll regret it if you don't. Some of our patch panels are a right state!!
Trotty

11th Nov 03 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, good use of cable management!

If space allows the I'd agree with Steve's suggestion - pair switch ports with patch panel ports.

Oh, and you probably already do, but if you don't - use different colour patch leads do differentiate between data and voice

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » IT professionals in here 23 database queries in 0.0107720 seconds