corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need some help please (trading standards) to do with desmond

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need some help please (trading standards) to do with desmond
Matt H

User status: Offline
14th Nov 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered a back bumper & some sideskirts off him roughly 7-8 months ago but were gettin messed about big time by the guy he deals with.

as many of u know im mates with des and i know for a fact that the money i payed him has been forwarded to the supplier(in belgium) the companys involved are extreme styling and jc design. first of all i was told i would have wait roughly 6 weeks for them but still not heard anything. despite bombarding the guy with emails wanting to know whats going on, we have still heard nothing.

where do i stand in regards to trading standards, does it affect my rights in any way? (with the stuff coming from belgium)

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
vibrio
Banned

14th Nov 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the stuff coming from belgium does not affect you as much as you would think because of the EU.
Matt H

14th Nov 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was all done over the net, surely there must be some kind of trading standards for this type of thing
Nobby

14th Nov 03 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might have a problem due to the fact the UK contract law does not recognise electronic 'deals'. You need to have a piece of paper with signatures to make things legally binding.
-Aliba-

15th Nov 03 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nup, the law of contract in the uk states that NOT all contracts which are binding must have signatures. Only stuff like the purchase of land etc.. must have signatures.

Gimme 5 minutes and i'll get my books out and see what i can draw up fella.
-Aliba-

15th Nov 03 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right fella.

Few suggestions first for yous.
Find a phone number. Must be one somewhere. And if they can read english, they can speak it

Can you possibly get a copy of the terms & conditions regarding the sale. Should be on their website somewhere. Have a read through them.

Regarding the sale. If des bought it via the net, then he must have made a contract to buy/sell at some stage.
At this stage, it WOULDNT need a signature, as long as it is clear what the offer and acceptance are (what and for how much?), then there should be no illegalities to the sale itself.

The fact that you havent received the stuff is a different matter.
Did you enter into a contract with des???

As long as des has given them plenty of time to get the stuff delivered then thats ok (which he has).

Keep copys of emails yous have sent etc.
Get a phone number and call them. It may be as straight forward as he changed his email acoount, plus this also shows that you are putting in the effort to find out what is going on.

All this shit is straight forward, but if it did all come down to court procedures etc.... then as long as you can prove that you have been making the effort to contact him, then its to your advantage.

The fact that its coming from belgium isnt really a hindering factor. To be honest, it wouldnt really make a difference. Shouldnt affect your rights seen as its in the EU as vibs says.

As long as the contract was legal, the fact that he has broken it, is enough to open the flood gates on him.
Lancy

15th Nov 03 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or you could always drop in for a visit whilst peeps are over there for next summers vaux show.

lol
Sooty
Banned

15th Nov 03 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Desmond
J da Silva

15th Nov 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

square your mates a tosser,had lots of trouble with him,poor lad bricked it when i mentioned solicitors to him,soon got my refund
Matt H

17th Nov 03 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
square your mates a tosser,had lots of trouble with him,poor lad bricked it when i mentioned solicitors to him,soon got my refund

nice one, thats helping me out loads

cheers for your help everyone else

not really after a refund anyway, thats my plan b

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need some help please (trading standards) to do with desmond 23 database queries in 0.0114601 seconds