corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bit torrent

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit torrent
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
24th Nov 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any body know how to limit the upload speed a bit i meen a dont mind sharing but its takin the p**s when am uploading at 30k and as a result its making my max download something like 15k when im on a one meg line cheers
Munchie

24th Nov 03 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

share u ungrateful bastard
Dan B

24th Nov 03 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use the Shad0w (experimental) client, you can restrict the upload speed, and number of upload connections, with it...
ssj_kakarot

24th Nov 03 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you like not read my post i dont mind sharing at all but im on ntl and when my upload is maxing it kills my downloads totally hence the reason i said dont mind sharing just not full kb just wanted to lower it a bit so me download isnt affected
and cheers dan b
Dan B

24th Nov 03 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries!
dj_mikey_k

24th Nov 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats norty, peeps like u will be the death of bit-torrent, Dan i am upset wid u
Adam-D

24th Nov 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree im on ntl i dont mind sharing but when ive uploaded 4 times the amount ive downloaded its killing my time
Dan B

24th Nov 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dj_mikey_k
thats norty, peeps like u will be the death of bit-torrent, Dan i am upset wid u

As long as he leaves it seeding once finished, and gets his share-rating up to 1+, that's fine...
dj_mikey_k

25th Nov 03 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its not.....people like u piss me off, just like people who cum into my hub on DC, i see how many slots they have open.....oh looks like they're using fake slotter to fool us that they a sharing

my had slowly reaches for the ban I.P. button

"don't mess wid mother fucker, i know kung fu"

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by dj_mikey_k]
Shelly
Premium Member

25th Nov 03 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now now boys
Dan B

25th Nov 03 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With ADSL, if you use anything above about 90% of your UPSTREAM, your DOWNSTREAM is massively slowed down to compensate. So, by letting mine upload at 30k/sec, I may be limited to 16k/sec download. By limiting it to 20k/sec, I get my full 64k/sec download speed (or 55-60k/sec, once contention is taken into effect).

Why should I sit here and upload at an extra 10k/sec (which, when torrents are running at a total over 2000k/sec for everyone, is going to make absolutely no difference), when I'm downloading at a quarter of the possible speed?
ssj_kakarot

25th Nov 03 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep thats exactly what i was gettin at dont mind uploadin n always leave the torrent on after i finish to give people some more downloads, but am not going to sit there and upload at 35k odd when my download will be reduced to like 20 ish when it should be about 100, plus it slows webpages down to, and no im not a leacher ive upped plenty in my time

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bit torrent 23 database queries in 0.0110490 seconds