corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car is not working again!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My car is not working again!!!!
michelle

User status: Offline
8th Dec 03 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having probs with my car again. A few weeks ago the engine management light was contstantly on and the car was juddering got the air control valve replaced n it was fine but started doing it again today. I need help. Anyone any ideas????
Gavin
Premium Member

8th Dec 03 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vacuum pipe connecting to the map sensor...common problems with 1.4 8v
the usually wear out and split!

pew pew pew pewwwww
MattyB

8th Dec 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah michelle - finally found ya.

Just thought i'd tell ya, when i'm on CS at work, it logs me on as you! I can access all your u2us and settings etc!

Dont worry, i've told ian/tim bout it, well i will do soon. And i log off straight away

Matt
michelle

8th Dec 03 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B19 GAV
vacuum pipe connecting to the map sensor...common problems with 1.4 8v
the usually wear out and split!

Is it an expensive thing, seriously fed up with this car. Costing a small fortune.
Gavin
Premium Member

8th Dec 03 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na...just a replacement rubber pipe....
wat engine and model u have

pew pew pew pewwwww
michelle

8th Dec 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
na...just a replacement rubber pipe....
wat engine and model u have

1.0 12v
Gavin
Premium Member

8th Dec 03 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm....dont know whether that engine would have that same sort off problem as mine...

see picture... red arrows pointing at the vacuum pipe leading to map sensor... on my 1.4 sri the pipe rubbs along the hot throttle body (i think thats it) and cause a split in it... i went to a local scappie and replace it and problem sorted...no more kangarooing!
also check the inside of the pipes leading in and from the rocket cover...these get filled up with mayo and cause a blockages in them....just clean them out if mayo existing in them (highltigh in light blue)

[Edited on 08-12-2003 by B19 GAV]

pew pew pew pewwwww
michelle

8th Dec 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
hmmmm....dont know whether that engine would have that same sort off problem as mine...

see picture... red arrows pointing at the vacuum pipe leading to map sensor... on my 1.4 sri the pipe rubbs along the hot throttle body (i think thats it) and cause a split in it... i went to a local scappie and replace it and problem sorted...no more kangarooing!
also check the inside of the pipes leading in and from the rocket cover...these get filled up with mayo and cause a blockages in them....just clean them out if mayo existing in them (highltigh in light blue)

[Edited on 08-12-2003 by B19 GAV]

Cheers I'll say to my pal thats going to have a look at it.
CHOSEN1

8th Dec 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did that it woz either engine management switch or the cat. next time mine does it a 2 litre turbo will be thrown in.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car is not working again!!!! 24 database queries in 0.0060990 seconds