corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust creaking and banging

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust creaking and banging
Valleyscorsa

User status: Offline
11th Dec 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My exhaust must be touching my rear axle cos whenever i pull off it gives the must horrendus creak and bangs when i go over bumps, its a sebring oval backbox, what can i do to stop it? For know i was gona cable tie some sponge where they come in to contact, good idea??

Cheers, Jamie
PaulW

11th Dec 03 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loosen off the bracket which is used to tighten the joint between the system & the backbox & then turn it so the bolts aren't pointing towards the rear beam & then re-tighten (not a good explanation i know but gives an idea)
Valleyscorsa

11th Dec 03 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the oval thing that keeps it secure? I noticed that was very close to it actually, cheers, its a bit dark now so ill try that in the morning, what about my sponge idea until tomorrow???

Thanks, Jamie
PaulW

11th Dec 03 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh should just have 2 nuts which you undo & the thing comes loose, then ya just turn it round & tighten it up a bit!

The sponge thing sounds a bit dodgy as the heat from the exhaust will probs burn it or melt it & then foul the handbrake cable (maybe)
Mistamist

11th Dec 03 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try and wiggle the back box, if there is a lott of play then you need new exhaust hanging rubbers.
Valleyscorsa

11th Dec 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O feck it, i might do a bit of midnight DIY now then Best i take that sponge of then, fitted it about an hour ago but havent driven the car with it yet,

Many thanks, Jamie
Valleyscorsa

11th Dec 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its quite a snug fit but i prob do neeed the rubbers changing, am i right in thinking ford focus ones are a good buy to keep it closer to bumper???

Cheers, Jamie
PaulW

11th Dec 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends if ya wana give it a try - maybe a bit of proper exhaust heat wrap thingy (ya can get it from Demon Tweaks), and just rap that around the exhaust section which goes over the rear beam to help it cusion it, but it will jsut wear in time - but the bracket is easiest thing to do!
Valleyscorsa

11th Dec 03 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, im gona have a crack at that now then, will post resultrs when i get bk,

Cheers,

New Poll