corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » My exhaust fell off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My exhaust fell off
mike_1.2LS96

User status: Offline
   14th Dec 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the way home heard a rattling noise coming from the back. When I got home, checked underneath, kicked the tail pipe and the backbox fell off

Its snapped right at the edge on the front side.

I got work tomorrow, it should be alright without the backbox as I removed the offender just now?

Sounds a bit different too
mike_southside

14th Dec 03 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer mind did that, it snaped where it meets the exhaust system. yer its fine, i was driving around for twos with no back box, makes ur car slower and loud and spulty. wired it fell stranght off because it is held on with two rubber bands on hooks!

u need a new backbox now, great time to upgrade, i did, rage 3.5in prity gud and sound ok on my little 1.2lsi

mike_1.2LS96

14th Dec 03 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad it fell off when I stopped and not while driving. The damage it could do with being hinged at the back

You say you were using it without one for two weeks?

Not sure whether to get standard £50 exhuast (how much me mums clio was) or an upgrade. How much was the rage 3.5in ?
mike_southside

14th Dec 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer will mine was coming loss for about a week and then finally came completly off, i was driving around for about 2 days, wont do anything to ur car. i got a quoto for about £30 for a standard.

i was £90 with free p&p for scott, illusion motersports, if u need his details i have them. i bough a univerial fitting one and had to pay a fair bit to get it fitted, he had to weld bracks and shit. so it maybe worth getting on for and only for a corsa b, but in the long run its worth it because a stainless steel bb is going to last longer, look better and sound a little meater.
Scotty_B

14th Dec 03 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£120+ for a decent Back-box.
mike_1.2LS96

15th Dec 03 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK - Getting a 'performance' exhuast tomorrow for £60, it don't look too shabby.

Are they easy to fit yourself?

New Poll