corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » changed my cooper order to cooper s

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changed my cooper order to cooper s
paul_spurrell

User status: Offline
19th Dec 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Not saying it's a bad car, and wouldn't mind a shot in the Cooper S works version - just hate all the image thing that goes with it

a bit like a BMW, VAG?!?!
Phil321

19th Dec 03 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch

and yes the Mini is built by BMW, and does have a VERY strong chassis, but for 15k you dont even get a rev counter

The rev counter is standard on the Cooper and the Cooper S. Option on the One.
Dr Pepper

19th Dec 03 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont want to get in any arguments but here are my responses

-I love the styling on the cooper s and prefer it to any other car in its class

-2004 models have supposedly ironed out most build problems on first editions(see mini forums for proof)

- they are not really quick in a straight line - but when tested on a track are very impressive- I love the driving experiance of the s and dont believe i would enjoy clio or pug as much

4-The factory options are cheap and very impressive- no need to void my waruntee with after market parts because i can spec them from factory

-interior is imo the best in its calss

-resale values are astonishingly high- in some cases more expensive than new- mainly due to 5 month wait on new mini

All imo of course- thanks for the comments
Dr Pepper

19th Dec 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah- they are also extemely easy to tune

At the end of the day i would rather drive a car that is a bit girly than drive a car like i have now which is becoming increasingly owned by neds...no offence to the majority of people on this site.

and nearly every female student at my uni drives a clio or a pug- i havnt seen any driving a cooper s!!!!

Tam the diesel man

19th Dec 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you get your mini please vist these people
http://www.bbrgti.com/mini.php

phase 4 = 275 bhp
Nath

19th Dec 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They may cost £15k but you'll be seeing alot of that money again when u sell it, unlike tin cans like the clio172. Also the interior is much nicer than anything in its price range. Unlike other manufacturers BMW have actually spent mroe than 2 hours designing the interior. I've sat in a 172, cupra R and most other cars in the Mini's class, and they are all fucking hideous to sit in.
Nath

19th Dec 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tam the diesel man
when you get your mini please vist these people
http://www.bbrgti.com/mini.php

phase 4 = 275 bhp

I second this notion
Dr Pepper

20th Dec 03 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tuning will have to wait at least a year....

My insurance company have shit themselves already
Andy

20th Dec 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

At the end of the day i would rather drive a car that is a bit girly than drive a car like i have now which is becoming increasingly owned by neds...no offence to the majority of people on this site.

and nearly every female student at my uni drives a clio or a pug- i havnt seen any driving a cooper s!!!!

Good points - I sometimes wish I wasn't driving a Corsa as it often attracts the *wrong* kind of attention

And perhaps I was a bit harsh with my earlier comments, but if the truth be told I've got a bit of a soft spot for the original Mini
vibrio
Banned

20th Dec 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

Good points - I sometimes wish I wasn't driving a Corsa as it often attracts the *wrong* kind of attention

And perhaps I was a bit harsh with my earlier comments, but if the truth be told I've got a bit of a soft spot for the original Mini

is that not just your driving that gets the attention Mr Andy
Dr Pepper

20th Dec 03 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
everyone says the Corsa GSi would be over priced at 15k, but surely it will eat a standard cooper S to 100mph?

and yes the Mini is built by BMW, and does have a VERY strong chassis, but for 15k you dont even get a rev counter

Thats a flippin joke!!

The option packages provided by bmw were by far the best value out of all the different manufactorers i have been to

For 1500 squid i get 17" s-spoke alloys with runflat tyres, aircon, xonon headlights, sports seats with half leather interior, on board trip computer, heated mirrors and windscreens all round, cat 1 alarm and immobaliser, sports suspension plus.

I have also added on 5 year waruntee for £150, tracking system for £300, tints all round £150 and have specified to have it debadged at the rear

Pretty good value really- There was only 500 squid difference between a cooper with all the extras and a cooper s- due to the s coming with more stuff as standard
Marc

20th Dec 03 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Itll be a good all round car tho even if it isnt that impresive in a straight line as you say!. You need the works seats tho !
robtj

20th Dec 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for BMW and make the mini's all day long .. i cant fault them at all tbh, a very good buy! 163bhp at the wheels standard, 6 speed gear box, supercharged with twin zorsts!. i will be getting one later next yr as we got somethin special coming for ya
Dr Pepper

20th Dec 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vmarc
Itll be a good all round car tho even if it isnt that impresive in a straight line as you say!. You need the works seats tho !

I know but it boils down to a choice of cooper with works seats and insurance.....or cooper s with insurance

Those seats are not cheep
Dr Pepper

20th Dec 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robtj
i work for BMW and make the mini's all day long .. i cant fault them at all tbh, a very good buy! 163bhp at the wheels standard, 6 speed gear box, supercharged with twin zorsts!. i will be getting one later next yr as we got somethin special coming for ya

Yeah the rumours are about on all the mini boards- might have to upgrade in a years time if its really special----any more details mate
Marc

20th Dec 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can always get em later
Dr Pepper

20th Dec 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive heard of john cooper works testing a 300bhp s- that will be designed purely as a track car
Marc

20th Dec 03 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still getting black with white alloys?
jr

20th Dec 03 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u seen the schnitzer version which for 21k gets 325 bhp
robtj

20th Dec 03 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol well put it this way its fucking mad !!!!!!!!!! i only seen 2 so far and all i know is they are going to germany for testing but i aint telling you why they are special .. but will be fast as fcuk

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » changed my cooper order to cooper s 23 database queries in 0.0194590 seconds