corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Woops!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Woops!
PaulW

User status: Offline
   29th Dec 03 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda got a bit heavy handed before while continuing to strip out the interior of my car (I say heavy handed, I mean I kinda got pissed off & ripped the bloody thing out)

Thats whats left of the seat mount clip thingy, reckon it's gona cost a bit to fix? Was thinkin of going a scrappy & cutting one out of another corsa & then welding it into mine, but given the fact I'll be fitting some buckets, I might end up welding the subframes in instead of just bolting them, so am also unsure if the clips need to be cut off to fit buckets?

Also cracked my windscreen, well, there was a little pit in it from when some kid threw a stone, but the other seat one of the bolts had rounded off, so had to grind it out & think the vibrations cracked the screen! How much am I looking at for a replacement? Was thinkin of gettin one of those from a scrappy too, but reckon its safer to get it new?

Ya can't really see it clearly in the pic, as it has been freezing all day & the screen is frozen, but its about 10inches long, and splits into 3

i'm bloody frozen myself being out doing all the stuff to the car

Cheers!
Adam-D

29th Dec 03 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right the seat mount you can weld a plate over it long one then cut out one from another corsa and weld it in.
or cobra subframes area really substantial itmes i can tel you so you could weld the hole and weld the new subframes in
Adam-D

29th Dec 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

screen get some sealent run it over the crakes and leave till the cars almost done or has to be driven or mot'd then get one thru insurance think you have to pay £50 and thats it and you dont lose your no claims
PaulW

29th Dec 03 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't do things by half me

aye will have a look into getting some subframes & see how they would go in & give a go at welding, have plenty of 3mm & 5mm sheet steel (well, enough for what I need), so should be enough to patch it.

will do it all once everything is out, no point messing while I still got stuff to shift!
PaulW

29th Dec 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be about 10-12 months before the car's sorted & ready to insure again, is why I'm lookin at gettin the screen done asap if poss, incase it gives in while fitting the new engine & cage n stuff.

New Poll