corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my car booked in now

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my car booked in now
DP.

User status: Offline
9th Jan 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know where you go shopping for your car stuff mate but £1500 for new brakes and suspension? You can get a set of coilovers for £500 and some bigger 2L calipers cost next to nothing...
bun

9th Jan 04 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v6 brake upgrade for corsa b is £195 at vaux md
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 04 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate, seems im gunna ahve to do some mods to keep ahead of you still! lol
Stu_22

9th Jan 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost depends on quality kit
corsa120

9th Jan 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh broster what has got me thinkin is the fact my engine has done 28000 miles so its still a baby

im lookin forward to 140bhp lovely
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 04 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

itd be a shame to swop engines again, when u got urs at a bargin price and its in good nick, even after being bounced off the limited in the drive thru que! whens it gunna get done, let me no when u done it and take me for a spin!

[Edited on 09-01-2004 by broster]
Andy

9th Jan 04 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa 120 - good to see a few tuned 1.6s starting to appear. It's not the cheapest option for outright power (2L will be cheaper) but there's tons of potential to get big power at a later date. And then of course, there's the issue of handling - like for like a 1.6 is always going to handle better round the bends than a 2L

Yes - I'm the guy with the 1.6 Corsa running 215bhp. It's very very quick and I expect to see well over 220bhp in the spring when I fit longer air horns to the throttle bodies
Danz_Corsa

9th Jan 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy how much you spend on engine upgrades in total? approx to reach over 200bhp
Andy

9th Jan 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very expensive - you need headwork, TBs, engine management, high lift cams, solid lifters, steel rods and forged pistons, then there's exhaust manifold and vernier pulleys etc. You should expect to budget around £5K including labour for a reliable 200+bhp
bradfincham

9th Jan 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but tb's.1.6 less weight, just looks better, better handling. gets my vote anyday!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll