corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Spotted in MK Friday (possibly a prototype)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spotted in MK Friday (possibly a prototype)
Nath

User status: Offline
10th Jan 04 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At about 9pm friday night i spotted what looked like a Merc SLR being driven about. It was covered in blue and silver stickers to hide its lines. But then i thought it could be an Aston Martin as it was just outside Newport Pagnell, but then Aston have a new factory so why would they test round here. I am certain it was an SLR though, had all the features of one. My passenger was also pretty certain it was an SLR. Plus Merc have a HQ in Milton Keynes so it does add up.

Was fucking fast whatever it was. It literally got to one roundabout and back in the time it took me to travel half way toward the roundabout!

drunkenfool

10th Jan 04 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a roundabout in MK?!
Nath

10th Jan 04 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only one that i saw of
R Lee

10th Jan 04 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

concepts do come out earlier sometimes. i know (not personally obviously) a guy that has a bugatti veyron already!!!
Nath

10th Jan 04 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SLR isnt a concept though, this is what i dont understand. But i am certain it was an SLR. Looked just like one. I also know they use stickers to cover the lines incase snappers get some cheeky early pics.
robtj

10th Jan 04 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the stickers are there to hide most new developments in the cars exterior we do this at BMW Mini we fit so much plastic over the new concepts that it looks stupid, they would have been doing road tests, e.g speed, noise, the feel of the road and so on.
MatG

10th Jan 04 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the new SLK looks very similar to the SLR it may have been that what you saw.
T.CorsaSRI

10th Jan 04 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive seen a SLR in Coventry on a dual carriageway. It was partly covered in black cloth and had some lightning style stickers on it. The exhauts on that car looked phat!
Nath

10th Jan 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^^^^^^^

As above! this is what i saw but it didnt have black cloth. It had no rear exhausts either like the SLR.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Spotted in MK Friday (possibly a prototype) 23 database queries in 0.0132730 seconds