corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » WARNING WARNING

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WARNING WARNING
CorsaBNor

User status: Offline
11th Jan 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you use the original exaust system on your corsa B. check the state of the pipe that goes into the rear exaust box.this connection is right above the rear suspension bar. this is a critical point where there is rust starting. i almost totalled my car today because of that shit. when this breaks the rear exaust fall down to the road and make your car do a pole vault. cause vauxhall/opel have only fastened the rear box in the rear end.

so please please as soon as possible check the state of it. if i was doing 50 km/h or more i wouldn`t perhaps be able to give you this warning. cause the pipe actually lifts the rear wheels from the ground if it falls to the ground. and this combined with speed can be very very dangerous.

thank god i was in rush hour and my bodykit is still intact and also my car. and when this happen you cannot proceed forward, since the pipe falls down in the front and nothing to catch it.

[Edited on 11-01-2004 by CorsaBNor]
AK

11th Jan 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that'll be what MOT's are for
CorsaBNor

11th Jan 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT???
PaulW

11th Jan 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like a yearly inspection for cars in the uk, they check the car over make sure its safe & legal to be on the road, check emissions, etc...

they check for rust too, if the exhaust is like what it was on yours before it breaks, then the MOT will be a fail and the car won't be allowed on the road until it is all repaired!
CorsaBNor

11th Jan 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aha now i know. we have that too. but i really thought that the stupid opel garage should check this when they changed the back box or at services,
PaulW

11th Jan 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can sometimes be a case if the car is lowered so much (60mm say) and the exhaust isn't too good a fit, it can bang on the rear axle, this then cracks it, rust gets in & then it goes, usually only takes about 2-3months to happen if thats the case!
CorsaBNor

11th Jan 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i mean that they should have some sort of a safety device on the back box. on the pipe they could have a stainless steel bar that saves the back box so it wont bang into the ground and lift the car
PaulW

11th Jan 04 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true, but they think that inspections will find defects like that before they occur, but its not always the case
CorsaBNor

11th Jan 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i am glad i am still alive after this thing.

New Poll