corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught Speeding On Bike

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught Speeding On Bike
Predator Corsa

User status: Offline
15th Jan 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M8 just got caught speed this morning doin between 110 - 130 mph, caught pulled by the fuzz... only 17yo... the copper only put down on the ticket 95mph... but 1 big prob the bike is ment 2 be red but it is yellow, has an illegal race can, no mirrors.

Wot do u think he'll get a ban, how much fine???? any1 know...anyway he is in the shit
NeilRocks

15th Jan 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is fucked. 6 points and nice fine for that speed

[Edited on 15-01-2004 by NeilRocks]
M2RTY

15th Jan 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

colour of vehical, no mirrors and exhaust will probs just be 30 quid fine, like on a car and a producer id of thought
NeilRocks

15th Jan 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine got a £60 fine AND 3 points for pulling up on zig-zag lines for 1 minute outside Bass Junkies.
nik

15th Jan 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a complete cock. He should get a ban for a year at least.
t44rnt

15th Jan 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drive Fast Live Young
M8 just got caught speed this morning doin between 110 - 130 mph, caught pulled by the fuzz... only 17yo... the copper only put down on the ticket 95mph... but 1 big prob the bike is ment 2 be red but it is yellow, has an illegal race can, no mirrors.

Wot do u think he'll get a ban, how much fine???? any1 know...anyway he is in the shit

why did he stop? should of canned it off imo
yzf-r6 (stella Man)

15th Jan 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can neaver tell. i have a mate who is great at pullin wheelies, gets the wheel up at bout 25mph then takes it through the gears until hes doing bout 130ish. he did it one day past an unmarked cop car that had 5 coppers in it, they did not chase him but one came round his house the next day and complemented him on it, said that he looked safe so they didnt bother pulling him, just advised him to watch who was about next time! so depends if they wanna be bastards or not.
SetH

15th Jan 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
said that he looked safe so they didnt bother pulling him

erm i somehow doubt doubt, 25-130 on one wheel on a bike on a public road safe? uhmmm.
yzf-r6 (stella Man)

15th Jan 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like everything we do on a public road its down to conditons, straight dual carrageway with 1 car on it, dont see the problem myself. Safer than some of these boy racers who drive round clubs at night at 40+ when there are loads of pissed up people about.
Predator Corsa

15th Jan 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Well your not really gonna kane it of with 2 police in volvos following and 1 up front
Ditch

15th Jan 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt the bike was still in sight by the time he hit 130 either
SetH

15th Jan 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by yzf-r6 (stella Man)
like everything we do on a public road its down to conditons, straight dual carrageway with 1 car on it, dont see the problem myself. Safer than some of these boy racers who drive round clubs at night at 40+ when there are loads of pissed up people about.

yes i agree with your opinon as well, but i cant see 5 coppers being the same if so then they werent doing their job, probably went for an easy target like a motorist doing 85 at 4am in the morning, bet inconsitancy is a major issue with traffic cops.
yzf-r6 (stella Man)

15th Jan 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless youre a really experienced fast rider and know the road your on lkie the back of your hand you have no chance of getting away from a copper in a pursuit car. gotta give them guys their dues they know how to drive a car, and also have 4 big contact patches as opposed to 2 tiny ones!
Jason

15th Jan 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you can neaver tell. i have a mate who is great at pullin wheelies, gets the wheel up at bout 25mph then takes it through the gears until hes doing bout 130ish. he did it one day past an unmarked cop car that had 5 coppers in it, they did not chase him but one came round his house the next day and complemented him on it, said that he looked safe so they didnt bother pulling him, just advised him to watch who was about next time! so depends if they wanna be bastards or not.
dont make me laff!!
yzf-r6 (stella Man)

15th Jan 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:

yes i agree with your opinon as well, but i cant see 5 coppers being the same if so then they werent doing their job, probably went for an easy target like a motorist doing 85 at 4am in the morning, bet inconsitancy is a major issue with traffic cops.

i agree, they are totally inconsistant, but they were not on duty, ( were on their way back from a course or somthing), and could see that he had control. I also agree to some extent that its not the ideal thing to do on a public road, but this guy is extremley tallented, ive been on the back of his bike while he has been doing this and i feel totally safe. I was just using this example to highlight the fact that you just dont know what a copper is going to do, or how they think. He got away with that, but you can get done for doing 35 in a 30 at 4am!!
yzf-r6 (stella Man)

15th Jan 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason
quote:
dont make me laff!!

dousey

15th Jan 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
dont make me laff!!

I agree, this would never happen
vibrio
Banned

15th Jan 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was he given an on the spot fine or is it goign to court
yzf-r6 (stella Man)

15th Jan 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dousey
quote:
quote:
quote:
dont make me laff!!

I agree, this would never happen

Just trying to prove a point on how inconsistant the police can be. I know the story is true, have no way of proving it but know its true. Its your decision to beleive it or not. You choose not to. fair enough.
t44rnt

15th Jan 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drive Fast Live Young
quote:

Well your not really gonna kane it of with 2 police in volvos following and 1 up front

u didnt tell ut hat part tho u NOP!
el gordo

15th Jan 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was the motorway or a 70-zone 95 is inside ACPO guidelines for an SP50 and a £60 fine (trust me, I have been on the receiving end of such leniency having been tracked at high speed and followed long enough to mark my average speed down inside ACPO guidelines).

If the copper was decent he'd have just dealt out an FPN there and then not an NIP.

As for the rest he should only get a Vehicle Defect Rectification Notice to return it to the V5's spec and within the legal requirements inside 14 days and proven by an MOT test-station's stamp.
el gordo

15th Jan 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh aye, and there's no legal requirement for mirrors, just the same as indicators - though if you don't have them you'll have to make enough obs to make yer neck sore in order not to be tugged for DWDC&A.
el gordo

15th Jan 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
said that he looked safe so they didnt bother pulling him

erm i somehow doubt doubt, 25-130 on one wheel on a bike on a public road safe? uhmmm.

do you know how much skill it takes?

spend a day with jimmy fireblade and you'd know...

crap power wheelies pop up and down within seconds.

not like some spotty yoof just hooning - akin to some nobber yanking his handbrake on roundabouts in the wet to tail-slide... more like a dainty dance on the line between vehicle control and adrenaline, displaying great vehicle control...

like this shot taken at about 70mph on its way to 130 mph front-wheel touch-down

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught Speeding On Bike 23 database queries in 0.0250502 seconds