corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How easy - CAT replacement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How easy - CAT replacement
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 04 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... how easy it to go this.

i guess u cant do it with a jack!
i was gonna buy the parts on the net (standard cat replacement for £80 ish)

will this need to be a garage job! has any1 had there Cat or the exhuast system replaceemnt who could tell us how much they paid for it!

so far i rang quick fix and they want £180 for just the CAT to be replace and fitted!

fuck that!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Danz_Corsa

1st Feb 04 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends if you exhaust is rusted on - one most corsas, the exhaust is a single peice cept the backbox - so to replace the CAT you have to chop of the existing cat and bolt on the new - isn't too hard if you got a nice saw and a couple of exhaust clamps.
Gavin
Premium Member

1st Feb 04 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na mine corsa has the system seperated and u can buy the cat on its own
the problem lies with the positioning of teh cat!!! right in the middle of the car so its gonna be shit hard to reach it with just jacking the car...

just wanted to heard from other ppl how or who they went to, to get the cat replaced!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

1st Feb 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cat has fcuked, got a guy whos gonna fit me a new 1 for £100
big eck

1st Feb 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its alot easier if you've got a set of ramps to use and before you tackle the bolts give them a good soak in WD-40 for an hour, remember and get the gaskets and some gasket sealer, its about ar hard as changing your brake pads.
Gavin
Premium Member

1st Feb 04 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the side job is it?

pew pew pew pewwwww

New Poll