corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » exhaust hitting trailing arm

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust hitting trailing arm
KennyT

User status: Offline
21st Feb 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa B is lowered 60mm with standard exhaust and because the exhaust loops over the suspension part it rattles and does my head in!

i have already:
spun the exhaust clamp round to give it more clearance.
moved the exhaust onto a higher hanger so its not as close to the suspension.
and a last ditch effort was to cable tie a bit of old t-shirt round the trailing arm to deaden the sound a little.
and its still bloody doing it!!!

its a very common problem but does anyone have any other tips on what i can do?

thanks, Kenny
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st Feb 04 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this all i have done is got a sheet of rubber and tied this onto the suspension bar. hey presto stopped!
James R

21st Feb 04 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new rubbers to hold it up higher, and adjust the exhaust so it the loop is at it's highest point on the beam. should so it without putting rubber over the beam, dodge fix really.
MoNkEy MaGiC

21st Feb 04 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah u shud be able to make the loop really high up!! on my gsi my scorpion zorst used to bang hard!! so i jus twisted the pipe with loop so it is at its highest point, but dunno it may depend on zorst too, oh yeah mine is a grp A too, fuckin massive
Adam-D

21st Feb 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is grp a scorpian
i fitted the whole system myself and lowered it 60mm myself it has never banged on anything
Redcorsa69

21st Feb 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this, if u take it to charlie browns or somewhere similar they will bend the pipe so there is a bigger clearance, only cost me a tenner.

New Poll