corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whats Happening To My Car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats Happening To My Car?
Monster-Sri

User status: Offline
   23rd Feb 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok basically ive got a M reg Corsa SRi. Its got 59,000 on the clock and ive had it about a year and a bit. Got it at 42,000.
When I first got the car it drove really well, was perfectly smooth, but to be honest I did cain it alot. Redlining it too much, basically stupid just past my test crap. Over the year it has been driven much more friendly and it was then left when I went to uni. It was not started until nearly christmas when a mechanic had to give me a new battery etc. Since then it has driven very strangely and has many problems:

The ECU light is on nearly constantly.
The car revs from 800-2500 on idle.
The car kangaroes when driving.
The car stalls often when putting the clutch in and breaking.

The car went to the garage about a month ago and they said the ECU wasnt plugged in properly and they cleaned the connectors, the problems stopped for a few days before I went back to uni. I have just been back home and the car is doing the same things. Now i just checked in the cap where you put the oil in, oil filler cap?, and there is a whire creamy type stuff there. I heard this could mean my head gasket is shot?

What do people think? How much too replace? Anything I can do and any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Rich

Adam-D

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as its been standing white stuff could just be condesation

New Poll