corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NO PRE-OUTs ON MY HU!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NO PRE-OUTs ON MY HU!!!!!!!!!!!
pruey

User status: Offline
24th Feb 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a VDO Dayton Hu off net sounded pretty good for my budget. got mp3 player, soft intake cd player, credit card sized remote, flip down removeable panel blue/purple glow, 4*55W output, and says summats about 4channel preamp output, which i assumed was long words for ur normal pre-outs. HU arrived in post and all iv got is hole for antenna, and socket for iso plug!! Wat a waste of £'s how the fuck am i gonna get amp subs etc. now?? any ideas or is it just sell it and start again??
pruey

24th Feb 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its down the page a bit it cost £172.99 which i thought was gr8 value for the looks of it but obviously it was too good to be true

https://www.edworthys.co.uk/edworthys/prodlist.asp?catID=75&product_category=CD%20Tuners
corsa-sxi

24th Feb 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought VDo only did standard OE gear for cars therefore no amp preouts?
daman2k

24th Feb 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant u send it pack as it is not as discribed?
RichR
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the newer alpine V12 amps come with a speaker connector??? block built into them - this says in the manual that its for head units that dont have pre outs - Im not sure how they work - but just to let u know I think there are amps which cater for ur needs
James@CCC

25th Feb 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send it back, its not as described
TOMAS

26th Feb 04 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or as said get Alpine amps New and Old ones have the feature
cdcool1

26th Feb 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pruey
Bought a VDO Dayton Hu off net sounded pretty good for my budget. got mp3 player, soft intake cd player, credit card sized remote, flip down removeable panel blue/purple glow, 4*55W output, and says summats about 4channel preamp output, which i assumed was long words for ur normal pre-outs. HU arrived in post and all iv got is hole for antenna, and socket for iso plug!! Wat a waste of £'s how the fuck am i gonna get amp subs etc. now?? any ideas or is it just sell it and start again??

yes, you are correct mate, this is false advertising, you can get your money back mate
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 04 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not necessarily - u misinterpreated, u could find it hard to argue on a misinterpretation - I read it and 4*55w makes me think of other headunits which say 4x55w, the pwoer that the head units internal amp can provide
kev_corsa

26th Feb 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can buy impedance matchers which will allow u to connect to preouts from the normal speaker outputs only a couple of quid....

New Poll