corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Vectra exterior door handles

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vectra exterior door handles
Aussie GSi

User status: Offline
   6th Mar 04 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys.

Can anyone tell me, what year model Vectra the door handles are off, that are used for colour coding on Corsa B's? I'd guess it's the model of the same year? Say 1995? I've asked GM (Holden), but they weren't sure that they were the right size/shape etc.

Are they a straight swap? Is all the back the same? I've got a 1995 GSi WITH THE KEY LOCK BARREL. I just wanted to get them, cos they're smooth and ready to be painted.

Would anyone have a GM part number, by any chance?

Thanks guys.

Aus

[Edited on 06-03-2004 by Aussie GSi]
LukeGSi

6th Mar 04 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are a direct replacement for the o/e corsa ones, you can use ones from any 5 door car not only the vectra. Not sure on a part number tho!! cant remember what other Q's you asked

[Edited on 06-03-2004 by born_upsideout]
Aussie GSi

6th Mar 04 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool! Thanks mate. So they come with the hole for the lock barrel and are striaght up replacements?

I've just had my standard GSi ones colour coded (the black plastic, ripply finished ones). They didn't come up too well cos of the ripple finish. Gonna get the pre-primed smooth ones to take back to have coded.

Aus
LukeGSi

6th Mar 04 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D'OH!! Veccy rear handles wont have the holes for lock barrels, you'll need the front ones but yeah they will still be direct replacements!! I got some "rippled" ones from the scrappy and just rubbed them down a shit load and used plently of primer and they came out nice and smooth!! ill try and hunt out a part number for you as if you get them from vaux/GM they come already in primer!!
aussiac

6th Mar 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow another geeza from aussi yer! i have to say aussi gsi the moddin over here is fuking horse!
Aussie GSi

7th Mar 04 at 04:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for ya help matey.

Aussiac, yeah, it's a bit harder to get the goods for our cars (Opels) here. We've gotta import it all from Europe, which unfortunately can get a bit expensive. There's thousands of parts for Jap cars and all the homegrowns, like Commodores and Falcons etc, but not many for Euros. But if you've got the will, you can still get your car lookin phat. You seen our Aussie bit mate? Regional groups & Events > Australia

Aus
aussiac

7th Mar 04 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah ill check it out mate, im waiting on a combat kit and wheels etc cos its coming over with me stuff, but when thats on ill be lurking and ill come say ello, wot are the cruises like in aussi?
Aussie GSi

7th Mar 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We members in Sydney have one, pretty much every month. We usually post pics in the Aussie bit. We have fun terrorising the roads.

Aus
aussiac

7th Mar 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god haha with these gay P plates on haha bloody things! hey did u richbrook surround fit ok? saw it whilst i was searching today! o god these insurance people wont let me lower below 10cm to haha wots with that mate>?

New Poll