corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » going to fit 17's, BUT.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author going to fit 17's, BUT.......
ninjauk

User status: Offline
9th Mar 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do alot of miles in my car, and carry alot off passengers, will i have much trouble, im also wanting to lower it.
what work will need to be done so i dont get any rubbing even with a car full of peeps????
modded_corsa

9th Mar 04 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stiff suspension....debolt rear arches
Gambit

9th Mar 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get 7inch wide 17's rather than 7.5inch wide, and stick to the et45 and you'll be laughin
Corsa E-Tec

9th Mar 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after debolting them, do you have to bond them higher up and grind arches or just bond them back on in the origanal position.
Gambit

9th Mar 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just need to remoev the top two bolts from each arch, the remaining bolts will hold the arch on without any probs
Greasemonkey

9th Mar 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bond them back on in original place, you can trim the plastic lip of the arch too, or carfully tap the metal inner lip up just heat the paint slightly so that when you tap the lip up the paint dont crank, if it does touch in any bare metal, i got 17's lowered 60mm et45 never scrubbed once in there life, just bot arches bonded on
ninjauk

9th Mar 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for sounding dumb, but what do u mean by "just bond them back on in original place, you can trim the plastic lip of the arch too, or carfully tap the metal inner lip up just heat the paint slightly so that when you tap the lip up the paint dont crack, if it does touch in any bare metal, i got 17's lowered 60mm et45 never scrubbed once in there life, just bot arches bonded on"

[Edited on 09-03-2004 by ninjauk]
mike16v

9th Mar 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take out top 2 bolts, get a tube or stickerflex and stick it down, then get a file or sand paper and take the little lip off the bottom of the plastic arch
AndyCorsaC

9th Mar 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might sound thick here but wjat does the et45 mean i have no idea
mike16v

9th Mar 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the offset of the wheel, as in how much it sticks out basically, ideal on vaux is et49, but hardly any wheels are made in et49 so et45 is usually closest in most wheels
AdiSRI

9th Mar 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut the rear arch metal back to just after the spot welds, remove the bolts and trim the plastic lip right back. Then use tigerseal to seal the plastic back on and it wont rub.
my current wheels are 7.5" wide 16's and with this done they dont rub -40mm.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » going to fit 17's, BUT....... 24 database queries in 0.1771729 seconds