corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO: PPl with Track cars.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO: PPl with Track cars.
PaulW

User status: Offline
13th Mar 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not too sure, I got manual winders in mine, so I dont think it matters about the weight! (well, as long as they dont weight loads!)

but this stuff being lighter should still work ok for the winding mechanism!

Electric windows may work differently, and not work as they should given the weight difference!
Rob H

13th Mar 04 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil Hall
Correct! Paul. Notsure about the winding mechanism, dosnt that depend in some way on the inherant weight of the glass?

The whatta? . No i was just thinking, if this stuff could be formed into an exact shape of a front window, then there's surely potential to make a bit of money out of it? With these new window tinting laws saying you cant apply tint to the front windows, alot of people are not having tinits done as it'll look crap without the front windows being done. Having tinted glass isnt illegal, only the tint film, so having replacement tinted perspex windows should technically be ok. Aslong as they can be produced, and have a decnt profit margin when selling for £100 a pair, i'd have thought there'd be a big demand from window tinting companies.

If like you say though, you wont be able to break the stuff in the event of an accident, then it will proberbly put a few people off.

Phil Hall

13th Mar 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polycarn - unbreakabl Perspex (which is an acrylic) is brittle. You can get impact modified acrylics like IM50 and IM60 but they can stress craze and bloom at the edges when you work with them and will be brittle at the end of the day.

Polycarb has the UV filter and has a 10yr guarantee from Lucite. You can get it in whats called a bronze finish but it would be too dark for tinting purposes.
Adam

13th Mar 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's the nearest branch to GU15

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO: PPl with Track cars. 23 database queries in 0.0133660 seconds