corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » JoyGasm!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JoyGasm!!!!!!
penfold82

User status: Offline
   13th Mar 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm as happy as a dog wiv 2 dingalings!

My corsaB is only a 1.2 12V cos i'm in northern ireland and the insurance is worse than ( * ) rape. My insurance is just under a grand............. UNDER MY DAD!!!!!! his is £300 and he's been driving without a claim to his name since he could see over the steering wheel. But that aside i''m in uni so i'm lucky to have a car atall really.

Last year i lowered her down 50mm on pi springs, just cos i was sick of bein thrown into the doors everytime i turned a corner. Then i got my hands on some 5 spoke 17's for 300 bucks with tyres which was pretty good, but they rubbed like a whore paid overtime. It really started to annoy the piss right out of me to the point where i was gonna set the car back to standard, sell it, and buy somethin else............

but............

Spent a whole day grinding the bollox out of it and it doesnt rub atall apart from the rear offside mudflap i'v fitted coz the poor car came without them( she didnt even have a cig lighter fer gods sake!).

So if anyones havin any probs gettin their wheels to fit giv us a buzz.

Finally got round to stickin on new arches to replace the ones that had the same problem that most do. The car really looks like new now instead of the run down, old drab piece of crap it looked before. i could swear it even handles better and just generally feels like a happier car....... i think watchin herbie the luv bug as a kid has affected me!

Thing is tho......... i'm bored now.

All i wanted was my car to not look sh1t. Now i've got an itch to get more done. I've already ordered lexus lights and a badgeless grill from germany before i even realised. Seems that the days of me saying " I'm only gonna bother with ice cos the cars not really worth bothering with" are looooooooong gone.

I'm next wanting skirts, gsi spoiler maybe with saxo mod, tints, and i might think about a sleek louvre.

I'm not wanting to go overboard with it, cos i am still pretty skint and will be doing most the work myself since the cars not worth anythin anymore.
But i'm worried about the arches scrubbing. Theres Speedbumps everywhere cos of the huge number of wee stouchy wearin, screwdriver carryin, gluebag sniffin, car stroking wee bastards that plague this country.

My car is dropped 50mm as it is and i really want some sleek skirts so i was thinking gsi ones, but i'm also considering steiny ones.

So can anyone reccomend wat ones i should get that will be more likely to stay on? lol.

Cheers chums and chumettes.

Marc D

13th Mar 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason it rubs: wrong offset wheels and too big. try 15x6 with 195/50/R15 tyres on offset et49 for perfect handling
penfold82

13th Mar 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuk that mate. My wheels fit dead sweet, no probs atall. the mudflap rubs cos i wanted GM ones and theyre really thick plastic. Gonna grind them down a bit and then it'll be plain sailing.

penfold82

13th Mar 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to mention, the wheels came off a friends corsa b and they're ET 45.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » JoyGasm!!!!!! 24 database queries in 0.0946250 seconds