corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help me with my coursework!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help me with my coursework!
westsidecorsa

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 04 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to do a research question. mine is what constitutes to good service in a pub/bar? what do u lot think makes the service good??

stuff like , waiting time, politeness, drinks pricing etc...

cheers
si_reading

23rd Mar 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Served with a smile.

Waiting time (although if there is a twat at the bar I work at wanting as a drink when we're busy I'll make them wait - really does my head in when people shout and stuff for service, your more likely to not be served if you do that)

Friendly bar staff - that will say hello etc.

As you said drink pricing, I dont think this is a service issue as its usually the management not the bar staff that decide this.

Well these a couple for ya
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 04 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a bar manager during the summer - and little things we try to teach staff go un-noticed - which is exactly what we want; because not doing them - means ur doing it wrong which is far more noticable - if that makes sense.

For example - most bar staff tend to hold a glass at the top as they pour into it - this is terrible for a customer to see because as far as the customers concerned, ur hands could have been unwashed for days - we teach staff to hold the glass at the bottom - there are several benefits to the actual pouring by doing this - but the main reason is the aestheics portrayed to the customer

as well as this - polite conversation, weather/jobs etc is worthwhile especially in non - townie pubs

Another major yet seemingly minor thing - is staff who have the ability to keep a running total of the bill in their heads rather than having to go to the till and price up a round - then return to the customer with the price - it may seem nothing but its time saving for both customer and staff; and means u turn ur back on a customer less

[Edited on 23-03-2004 by LiVe LeE]
3CorsaMeal

23rd Mar 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

teenage whores and drunken slappers
Ally

23rd Mar 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smartly dressed bar staff with friendly attitudes.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 04 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah - cant stand bars where the staff can wear their own clothes - u dont know whose staff and whose customes - even if its just a plain t-shirt with the bar logo on its better than nothing
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 04 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also being able to actually pull a pint is a bonus - unliek numerous people who pull off two pints in orde rto give u one - just keep over pouring and it still ends up with too much head - or none at all grrr

Filtering back annoys me as well - a lot of brewery owned pubs do it - they filter back whats in the drip trays back into the barrell - which is terrible in this day and age

dousey

23rd Mar 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Filtering back annoys me as well - a lot of brewery owned pubs do it - they filter back whats in the drip trays back into the barrell - which is terrible in this day and age

Thats fcuking discusting!
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 04 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its done more often than it shoudl be tho - and its nto illegal - but that why beer can change taste so much from one day to the next; weve got all the kit at work - btu it wont ever get used - but I agree it should be banned

the Publican which is a pub newspaper showed a pic of some trianees being trained and had them doing it - there was outrage in the letters section the next week about it

My girlfriend helps run anoher pub, but thats brewery owned and at the end of the night last tuesday, he took a bucket which had every dring in it - coke, lemonade, beer lager etc, and thought it was just a had pulled ale as it was the same colour - he flitered it back in -

Missus went mad with him and had to phone brewery to get another keg delivered asap, as hed just wrecked £40 so about £140 retail value of beer

dousey

23rd Mar 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the large chains such as wetherspoons and so on do this?
Jason

23rd Mar 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love dirteh bar slegs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help me with my coursework! 23 database queries in 0.0112181 seconds