corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Questions regarding minor modifications

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Questions regarding minor modifications
Siborg

User status: Offline
25th Mar 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Just about to start learning to drive (Can't wait ), and I've decided that I want a Corsa when I pass.

With Norwich Union I get a quote of £690 per year (19 years old, with PassPlus in the quote) for a 1997 Corsa GLS 1.2.

Now, I can't seem to find anywhere on the Norwich Union websites stating if they allow any body modifications or not. At first it'd only be colour coding, changing rear lights (I can't see any problems arising there), but later, might look for GSI bumpers or something.

Any ideas if they would allow a bumper change?

Thanks in advance.
stuyw

25th Mar 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u were trying to make it a GSi look a like then u would have to tell them as it becomes more 'desirable' to thieving pikies. id probably mention it anyhows as if u had a cliam then they may get arsey n void the insurance
kerzo

25th Mar 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for an sxi instead of the gls, you wont regret it, the 8v engine is totally dead
Siborg

25th Mar 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's odd.... 99 SXi costs around £2600, 97 GLS costs £1500, yet the SXi is £50 cheaper to insure .

The only problem here is that I will only have a budget of around £900-1100k for my first car .
Kris TD

25th Mar 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be able to get sxis cheaper than that. mates got an m reg 1.2 8v very good condition for £550 yesturday. total bargin, there is nothing wrong with it atall.
Siborg

25th Mar 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment I'm just price checking via Autotrader's website. Nearer the time to my test, when I start searching for a car to buy, I will be going round the local motor auctions, checking the local car papers etc.
Siborg

25th Mar 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too be honest, I'd rather have a good condition 8v Corsa that I can afford, than have to take out finance options.

If I can pick an SXi up for say, £1.1-1.2k then I'd stretch to it, but nothing more.
broster
Premium Member

25th Mar 04 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi is cheaper to insure as it ihas standard alarm and imoboliser dont it?
cargraphics4u.com

25th Mar 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Norwich Union only allow 3 modifications max....i think.
Siborg

25th Mar 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 would be fine. Like I said, it's only minor things I would want to change like the rear lights.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Questions regarding minor modifications 23 database queries in 0.0113029 seconds