corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help needed
aman_b77

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello all. i've got a phoenix gold t4600 amp with vibe 6x9s and 10'' pioneer amp in my stealth shelf. but the 6x9s are givin me problems, so im thinkin bout gettin rid of em and gettin components in front of car instead. is this a good idea?
if so, which comps would go best with my amp?
lookin to spend bout 150-180 on the comps.
any advise/help welcome.
cheeers.
T5POL

2nd Apr 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1008

Is this your amp??

Do you have a corsa B?

aman_b77

2nd Apr 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the exact same spec as that amp but its older version cos it looks slightly different.
i got a corsa C.
andy hirst

2nd Apr 04 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9s are useless if you have a sub, comps are a very good idea. these should sound mint http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_61_108+products_id+1433
T5POL

2nd Apr 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2077&tab=1

or

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2377
+

Adaptors. Crystal are one of the best in that price range.

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=30095&highlight=crystal+csc+60s

[Edited on 02-04-2004 by T5POL]
aman_b77

2nd Apr 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the difference between comps and coaxial speakers? i know speakers are easier to fit, but do comps give better sound quality? and where do the tweeters go in a corsa c?
T5POL

2nd Apr 04 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Co-axials have the tweeter mounted in the centre of the cone & comps have a separate tweeter and x-overs. Comps sound better.
T5POL

2nd Apr 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

components or coaxials?
components

pros - Components allow you to position the drivers separately and more carefully, which will give you greater control over imaging. Try to keep the mid and tweeter as close together as possible - this will make the two drivers sound more like a single speaker, and preferably in the same plane (pointing in the same direction). If your standard speaker locations are very low down in the car you can place the tweeters higher up to lift the sound stage.

cons - Components require more work to install as you will have to mount the tweeters separately, and most component kits also have separate crossovers. There is often very limited space to locate the crossovers and they require far more wiring. Components also require more power to drive them as there are 2 pairs of drivers and the crossovers also soak up quite a bit of power. Therefore to get the best results you will need to add an external amplifier.

coaxials pros - Coaxials are much simpler to install, usually just a case of removing the original speaker and screwing the new one in it's place. The two drivers are in exactly the same place therefore not separating the sound source. Coaxials are perfect for rear speakers as imaging is not so important. A high power head-unit normally provides enough power to adequately drive a pair of coaxials, therefore no separate amplifier is necessary.

cons - Tweeters cannot be moved therefore the imaging is restricted by the location, if the speaker location is low in the front door (as most cars are) the sound stage will be fairly low - We have not yet come across anybody with ears in their feet!!

**Taken from Car Audio Direct**
aman_b77

2nd Apr 04 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comps sound like a lot of hassle to install. cos im not that experienced with ICE, as you lot mite notice, how much will sum1 like halfords charge me to install em?

New Poll