corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What a fnarging day!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What a fnarging day!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
9th Apr 04 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up at 7 30am, met my dad with a trailer to tow my corsa up to wakefield to get engine conversion done by J100RSA (187 miles there). It took 4 of us about an hour to get the car on the trailer cos it was so low! Got stuck in an 18 mile traffic jam on the way up, arrived about 4 hours late. Getting car off trailer up there, and it slipped off one of the ramps, cracking one of the side skirts really badly, and pulling the front bumper away from the body Bit gutted but its fixable. Then had to drive to essex to pick up my dads new car (1951 Austin Hereford that he;s gonna restore), got caught in bank holiday traffic on M25. The guy we bought the car off also didnt shut up, so we were another hour late - unloading the car at my dads, and it wont start cos battery is flat, so that was another mission. Finally got home about 10 mins ago, just a little bit tired! Essay over.
drunkenfool

9th Apr 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

un sympathetic gits!
the_legend_of_yrag

9th Apr 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky mate, sounds like an exciting day
langey

9th Apr 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky about the skirts and bumper

when you going to pick it back up and how much is it costing?
drunkenfool

9th Apr 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im picking it up again on wednesday next week hopefully, if i can get a lift up there! I bought the donor car for £750, £480 for fitting kit from coss vaux, and £500 labour. Danny (J100RSA) is buying the shell off me though for £100 i think, and i can sell the digidash and alloys on there to make a bit more back. He also reckons my car is gonna be too low to drive with my current set up, so i got to get coilovers too, but i got no money unless i can borrow some more! I hope its all worth it, but something tell me it will be
Mistamist

9th Apr 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a shitter matey, shoulda have rung me earlier could have met you for a spot of tea!

Harsh what happened to your car. hope it gets sorted soon.
drunkenfool

9th Apr 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i didnt realise we were going all that way south to pick up my dads new toy, i shoulda brought the CDs with me and given you a ring!
BabyBlade

10th Apr 04 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it'll be worth id dude

ps i'll be expecting a call wednesday or thursday evening
drunkenfool

10th Apr 04 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill give you a ring when im on the way back from wakefield if you want matey, we can go for a quick drive

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What a fnarging day! 23 database queries in 0.0280502 seconds