corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recording from me decks.....HOW!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Recording from me decks.....HOW!?
Munchie

User status: Offline
11th Apr 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive set me decks up so that the sound comes out from me stereo amp into me computers line in....ive then connected speakers to the line out of me computer and i can hear the tunes from me decks.

ive got soundforge but dont have a fucken clue how to record the sound that is currently coming out of me computer speakers/decks!

HELP!
Dom

11th Apr 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

create a new file mate, then click save as and wack a filename in, then press record. Simple as that mate

Although if it isnt recording nout, then you need to have a look in the option under SF and get it to record from the line in.

Its been a long time since ive used SF mate, so my memory is abit rusty
Munchie

11th Apr 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat other software can i use then?! i dont have a clue wat im doing here!!!!!!
Dom

11th Apr 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol boss
cooledit is what i use to master all my tunes in etc and its pretty good to record with mate Its fairly straight forward to use, although SF is easier since its just a mastering/recording tool, whereas CoolEdit has two sides to it - 1) Multitracker/Sampler and 2) Mastering/Recording. So it does get abit confussing but i find it easier than SF

Or get Goldwave, nice and easy, similar still UI to SF, but its alot more easier to use
Trotty

12th Apr 04 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Munch, I use SoundForge 6.0a

Firstly make sure you're signal is getting through the Line In to your PC properly.

Start SF, create a new sound then play out of your decks. The level meters should now work allowing you to set your gains and master output at the right level.

Once your ready, hit record and away you go
Dom

12th Apr 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ well thats told me

just remember mate, get the loudest signal possible mate without it going about 0dB (although if it does, make sure it isnt higher than +1dB). Also once you have done you mix and saved it, Normalize the wavefile (should be under audio options or audio plugins) to 0db

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recording from me decks.....HOW!? 23 database queries in 0.0082359 seconds