corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clock?.............. And no i am not clocking the car before anyone asks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clock?.............. And no i am not clocking the car before anyone asks
MJ

User status: Offline
10th May 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i have a 1994 1.2 8v corsa but i want a speedo with a rev gauge on it, but the only problem is that i have 130000 on the clocks at the moment and i dont think i will find a speedo with 130000 on the clocks and with a rev gauge so how can i change the millage on the new clocks (higher) and can i unscrew the milage part on them and swap them over, or how do i make the millage higher.

Also am i correct in thinking that they are cable driven clocks. and when did these stop it is post 97.

Please dont have a go at me like u lot did at Romeo T

Cheers

Mark

[Edited on 10-05-2004 by mark_jarman1]
CorsAsh

10th May 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some from a 94/95 SRi if poss, thats a direct swap - used these on mine. Then, get an electric drill with a small flat screwdriver bit, and slot it into where the cable connects on the back of the speedo. Then wind on the clocks with the drill, cant remember whether you go clockwise or anticlockwise, but you'll find out soon enuff.

Just go steady, may take a while, but just do it whilst youre watchin TV or summin... Hope that helps.
DODG-E

10th May 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just use a screwdriver n click em round a bit...to make it the same mileage..

OH NO DONT CHANGE UR CLOCKS ITS ILLEGALLLLLL!!!!!!!! blah blah...

just jokin.... carefully click the face off, then with a watch screwdriver click the numbers you want

New Poll