corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » asking for a rise at work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author asking for a rise at work
M4tt

User status: Offline
13th May 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you go about it -

im planning on asking my manager for a meeting and telling her I've come along from the admin assistant she employed me as (i have been promoted to payroll assistant 3 months ago, but no extra money )

but i do the same job, if not more than what the other payroll assistant does so i feel i should be paid the same 16.5K she's paid (im in 13K )

however im not supposed to know what other peps are on so how can i get my point across that im worth more money.

also what pissed me off today is i found out the admin assistants which work in our department and on £500 a year more than me and my job is far more complicated than theirs

im also being sent on training corses with the other payroll assistant because we are supposed to be "at the same level" i want paying "at that level too"

so how do i get around the fact that i know what every1 earns and get me self at that level too.

thanks

[Edited on 13-05-2004 by M4tt]
M4tt

13th May 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would threatening to leave help? i know the'd be screwed without me and certainly would get some one with my skills for the amount they are paying.

i've got a job interview tomorrow after work as well
corsa120

13th May 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well usually pay rises occur about this time anyway or appraisals or what ever they are in jobs after tax year, just go and speak to ur boss an say about you promotion and what level work ya doin and is more money on the agenda

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » asking for a rise at work 23 database queries in 0.0097179 seconds