corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Strange Noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange Noise
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
   3rd Jun 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i go round a right hand corner fast, or with a fairly heavy passenger i get a wierd clanging noise coming from the left hand side of my car (e the side where the weight shifts to). i've been trying to work out what it is, i've checked the wheel bearings, anti roll bar, tack rod ends everything I can think of and i cant work out what the hell is making the noise everything seems fine. the only prob i can find, and i'm not sure if it is a prob is when i push down heavy on the car and bounce it a bit, if i put my hand on the left suspension strut, where it bolts in under the bonnet i can feel a cluncking as the ca is rising up which i cant on the right hand side. I've checked the bolts which hold the strut in and they have the same amount of threads on both sides etc so i'm fairly sue they are not loose. does anyone know what could be causeing this or if this could be the prob?

is possible that this could be just a noisey spring or shock and nothing to worry about?

if I cant work it out now i'm gonna have to send car to garage! LOL

Cheers

Rob
Keithie

3rd Jun 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure its the front? if its the back it might be your backbox hitting the spring
Black Corsa SRi

3rd Jun 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point, i was wondering if it was something to do wit exaust and now u come to metnion it its the same sort of sound as when i go over speed bumps and the BB hits the rear axel, but not sure if it loose enough to hit spring LOL will investiate!, but did think the noise was coming from front, but sometimes hard to tell i suppose! LOL

[Edited on 03-06-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]
Black Corsa SRi

3rd Jun 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think its this after looking. Anyone got any other sugestions? ta
Skinner

3rd Jun 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u said u have movement on the front shock it mite b the strut top mount worn out
Black Corsa SRi

3rd Jun 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right, when i say movement i cant see it moving, just feel like a clunk LOL if it is the mount what sort of price am i looking at for a new one? any idea?

[Edited on 03-06-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]
Skinner

3rd Jun 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about £15-20 i think there not too expensive could b wrong tho

New Poll