corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » *

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *
Saxo Hater Mike

User status: Offline
6th Jun 04 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

sxi sam - my first car was a ford fiesta 1.3 flight - but its jsut a fiesta (i own one now) and i didnt stick plastic crap on it and mistake it for a 'performance car' it just an a to b car, which is what a corsa is, and i cant understand why u lot stick all this plastic shit on it, it looks terrible! and it all looks the same (saxo lights, evo 6 bonnet vent, snowplough, gay little spoiler, etc) u know come on guys, wheres the originality?

anyway.. u can afford a bmw but not the insurance ON PRINCIPLE? what that fuck do u mean by that exactly? we all have to pay insurance, u want a decent car, u have to pay for it...

and i dont hate modded cars - get it right - i hate stupid slow shopping trolleys with pointless ugly stick on bits - for the money u waste on this shit u could actually get a decent car , u know.

i know "why u do it, cos u think it makes u unique and individual and u want to be different and the centre of attention etc.. blah blah,,, but when u drive like cocks in your wonderful cars (not saying u all do but the law of averages says so) then thats another reason why i hate 'modded cars' as u put it - im all for car modifying as long as it worth while... and a corsa is hardly the best base car for a bmw beater is it

u say u wont make money on your car - its rare that u actually make money from a car, but if you got money to piss away on a corsa thats your prerogative

why CANT we post pics of yours (or kurtis') car and slag it off? you modded car owners say u are always willing to hear comments (good and bad) but u hear bad comments and u get in a piss about it and post things like this, theres no point me saying what i dont like about ur car (kurtis) cos its everything!

and cossie corsa i havent seen your chariot so i cannot comment on it

and ally, if u aitn got anything worthwhile to say, shut the fuck up and dont waste your fucking time, at least these other guys can actually listen! if u dont care, then dont read it
cossie_corsa

6th Jun 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

when i say i won't pay the insurance n principal, i mean that 4 grand is a lot of money to pay for a piece of paper. it just so happens that my family (which has around 10 vehicles) never claim on our policies and its easier for me to put my car back together in the unlikley event i will crash for practically nothing.

bonzai, don't quite know why your getting involved in the issue, i'd have said an m3 if i mean't an m3. but a corsa with a slightly modded let and some coilovers is substantionally cheaper than an m3. enough tinkerage and stripping would see the corsa gain the advantage. anup's car for instance had over 270bhp on tap and was only at stage 2.

if you wanna talk about pointless mods saxo hater, ask bonzai why he took away his air ventage and made his engine bay hotter in the name of the fibreglass god. and you can post pics of my car, but it would be slightly innaccurate. my car shall be finished for, lets say 1st july. i'll post some pics then once i' m back from holidays. by the way, its quite good to upset bmw's in little shopping trolleys. they certainly don't like it coz it shouldn't happen. what would you spend the money on if you had our funds? don't bother thinkin about it because you don't have our funds.

for the amount of people who do like my car and appreciate it, a few little jack russels on the internet aren't gonna have me pissing my knickers and make me re-think why i have made the effort i have for my car. end of the day, its a frickin good hobby to me.

[Edited on 06-06-2004 by cossie_corsa]
Richie

6th Jun 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

Everyone on barry boys hides behind their words.

Bonzai, i dont have a clue what your up to, and it was me who posted the wtf is Bonzai doing under Ally's name.

If you got a problem with what was said, then take it through me, not her. And lets just say i dont think you'll be the most welcome person at the welsh meets anymore.
Bonzai

6th Jun 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by cossie_corsa
when i say i won't pay the insurance n principal, i mean that 4 grand is a lot of money to pay for a piece of paper. it just so happens that my family (which has around 10 vehicles) never claim on our policies and its easier for me to put my car back together in the unlikley event i will crash for practically nothing.

fair play you are one of an elite few that actually does their own work. youll find a lot of cars in magazines etc are made with the power of the cheque book

quote:
bonzai, don't quite know why your getting involved in the issue, i'd have said an m3 if i mean't an m3. but a corsa with a slightly modded let and some coilovers is substantionally cheaper than an m3. enough tinkerage and stripping would see the corsa gain the advantage. anup's car for instance had over 270bhp on tap and was only at stage 2.

just a general intrest that id like to know what beemer you planned to be faster than. ive discussed this here before but the corsa b is not a good handling car and one with a very heavy C20LET (i assume this is the engine used in above car) will not make it better. first corner and find yourself living in understeer city.

quote:
if you wanna talk about pointless mods saxo hater, ask bonzai why he took away his air ventage and made his engine bay hotter in the name of the fibreglass god.

um, just where exactly have i removed and replaced something with anything remotely fibreglass?

quote:
what would you spend the money on if you had our funds? don't bother thinkin about it because you don't have our funds.

one ill let mike answer, but do your homework buddy you might just wet yourself with the suprise

quote:
for the amount of people who do like my car and appreciate it, a few little jack russels on the internet aren't gonna have me pissing my knickers and make me re-think why i have made the effort i have for my car. end of the day, its a frickin good hobby to me.

good, if it doesnt bother you, dont get so wound up about it

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Bonzai, i dont have a clue what your up to, and it was me who posted the wtf is Bonzai doing under Ally's name.

If you got a problem with what was said, then take it through me, not her. And lets just say i dont think you'll be the most welcome person at the welsh meets anymore.

well im not wrong for assuming its ally when its posted under her name, and now your here you can tell me what the problem is with my opinions posted in the reffered thread
Richie

6th Jun 04 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

Your opinions shouldnt even be on that site.

I remember not so long ago, you were like us, you supported the modifying scene and you used to come to cruises, in corsa's.

You used to talk about modifying your cars with alloys, exhausts ect. If you were even remotely mates with any1 on here with a modified car, and it was posted on that site, you should at least give it some sort of an upperhand, even if its not to your taste. Otherwise your just as bad as them.

Yes Kurtis does have an issue with the car. Its a stunning car with only a 1.2 8v under the bonnet. MONEY is an issue. Kurtis will soon have a different engine under there.

Personally, i couldnt give a shit what engine i had under my bonnet as long as it works. Im not a guy for full on speed, as it kills. And whats the deal with handling unless your a fucking rally driver?

You couldnt exactly be a man for speed either with having a TD corsa. Why did you get a corsa, why didnt you go out and get a BMW? Or a proper Jap car?
Valleyscorsa

6th Jun 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

What a thread! i love these arguments cos there will be no outright winner cos its all down to a matter of opinion. If saxo hater mike doesnt like modded cars then there is nowt thats going to change his mind although attaking someones creation (kurts car) isnt right either, i admit i am not to keen on the whole jap look but its his car and as long as he likes spending money on it, whats the prob! LET THE HATERS HATE AND THE MODDING COMMENCE, thats what i think anyway! Hopefully i have not offended anyone, im not here for an arguement, just thought i would voice my opinion on such a heated debate

Cheers, Jamie
Bonzai

6th Jun 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Your opinions shouldnt even be on that site.

I remember not so long ago, you were like us, you supported the modifying scene and you used to come to cruises, in corsa's.

You used to talk about modifying your cars with alloys, exhausts ect. If you were even remotely mates with any1 on here with a modified car, and it was posted on that site, you should at least give it some sort of an upperhand, even if its not to your taste. Otherwise your just as bad as them.

yeah, i used to want a reiger kit and 15 inch alloys yeah, until i realised it would be a waste of money and id be better off buying a car that looked good as standard (which i have now done). IMO those particular alloys and kit are not barry as they are subtle and the wheels would not ruin whatever minute decency of handling the corsa has. i did modify my car with an air filter and exhaust, combined with some turbo boost tweekage to gain extra performance from the car. once again this is not barry, and i know i will get more money back on what i spent on such parts. i was mates with people here yeah but then i gave up hope as i dont want to talk about corsas for the rest of my life. they are not good cars and no matter how much money you throw at them you could always have bought something better as standard

quote:
Yes Kurtis does have an issue with the car. Its a stunning car with only a 1.2 8v under the bonnet. MONEY is an issue. Kurtis will soon have a different engine under there.

yet more money thrown at the car that he wont get back when its sold. its a stunning car IN YOUR OPINION. in the opinion of members of barryboys it is not a nice looking car. i will go as far to say i think the only thing i like about it is the colour of teh paint.

quote:
Personally, i couldnt give a shit what engine i had under my bonnet as long as it works. Im not a guy for full on speed, as it kills. And whats the deal with handling unless your a fucking rally driver?

yeah speed kills, but you dont have to be going fast to kill someone in a car. ive seen silly acts of driving from most people in the region. we all do it, most of us get away with it. i personally would rather a car that is capable of doing what i want from a car, and this is demonstrated by my most recent purchase. handling, its all about taking corners and not understeering sideways into a wall or having so much body roll your passenger is in your lap.

quote:
You couldnt exactly be a man for speed either with having a TD corsa. Why did you get a corsa, why didnt you go out and get a BMW? Or a proper Jap car?

i got my corsa because at the time i had to buy a car within a couple weeks as my fiesta was fucked. i bought a TD because it gave reasonable performance combined with good economy 45+ MPG. it was fair insurance consdering at the time i was 17 and only been on the road for 2 months. I now have the car ive wanted for a long time that is capable of the performance i wanted. for the record the BMWs i want are fairly rare or very expensive (e30 M3, e36 M3 evo or M Coupe). and im not particularly a fan of jap cars as it happens

any more questions?
Valleyscorsa

6th Jun 04 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

Just had a look at that sight and yes they do have some very good examples of how not to modify a car, such as that pink nova, but how can you compare that 2 kurts car? The finish on his looks second to none?

O, and i also noticed the web master drives an mx-5
Bonzai

6th Jun 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

the kit does not suit the car. the evo vent serves no purpose and doesnt look good. the alloy wheels are too big and again imo look awful

the mx-5 is reputed to be one of the most fun cars to drive in its class. more to the point his is supercharged to 180bhp iirc
Valleyscorsa

6th Jun 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

I did not diss the mx-5, just thought he would own a skyline or something!

Again, all that is your opinion, which nobody can change i understand but end of the day how much of that car did you pay for, and how does it affect your life so badly that you have to have a go at it, remember your roots, you once to owned a corsa and had plans for it, if you have changed your opinion on corsas fair enough but kurt hasnt so let him enjoy his creation, you dont have to like it but barry boys is all about slagging off, which i do not think is fair
cossie_corsa

6th Jun 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Valleyscorsa
I did not diss the mx-5, just thought he would own a skyline or something!

Again, all that is your opinion, which nobody can change i understand but end of the day how much of that car did you pay for, and how does it affect your life so badly that you have to have a go at it, remember your roots, you once to owned a corsa and had plans for it, if you have changed your opinion on corsas fair enough but kurt hasnt so let him enjoy his creation, you dont have to like it but barry boys is all about slagging off, which i do not think is fair

very well spoken my friend. let us make love and not war. or something.
Valleyscorsa

6th Jun 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

yes! my sentiments exactly sir!
Ally

6th Jun 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member

Free your little sasuages.

This thread is pointless, u all sit there and give an opinion, then someone objects, then u object to the objection, its one vicious circle

Im off to read up on calculus, as i do indeed have a life outside of corsasport
Valleyscorsa

6th Jun 04 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

your humour and point is spot on!
Ally

6th Jun 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

Yes it is .... you should all try and come to the next meet, or the summer BBQ
Valleyscorsa

6th Jun 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

Now that is something i would love to see, i could see a full scale bbq food fight with full on ketchup squirting action!
Ally

6th Jun 04 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

Im quite proud to say that we all are a good bunch, and its fun when we go out, Im looking forward to meeting Sam and her bf, and hoping that they are going to be meet regulars with the rest of us ...
Sam16v

6th Jun 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
... Im looking forward to meeting Sam and her bf, and hoping that they are going to be meet regulars with the rest of us ...

Hiya, yeah we will be regulars at the meets...
Lee went 2the last 1, and we are both plannin on going 2the BBQ...

But i work weekends so mite have 2cum later...
Saxo Hater Mike

6th Jun 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

well done valleys corsa for totally sitting on the fence...

and ally once again thanks for posting something totally useless if me and some corsa owners with something sensible to say want to discuss this, thats up to them so dont waste ur breath, again.

cossie corsa - u talk about insurance, but if u go as far as dropping a differnet engine in your car i think you will find it makes a hell of a differnece to ur insurance (do any of u ever bother telling your insurance about your mods?)
and u dont seem 2 see the difference between a car which was built with power in mind, and a car like yours which was built with single mums in mind! throw power at it and coilovers and whatever else, its not the same ITS STILL A CORSA and fwd... just leave the little engines in there and buy a better car!
im not interested in what ben did to his car, he didnt stick plastic shit on it and think it looked good!
u say what would i spend the money if i had your funds? i dont know how much u got but im assuming its not much, cos u own a corsa. but if i had no choice but to buy a corsa, i sure as hell wouldnt even bother modding it i would just use it to build up my no claims and wait til i could afford a decent car

fair enough if u want to work on your car and do things to it then my hat comes off to u - but u cant expect everyone to agree with the looks of your car. i know everyone on here will tho, brainless sheep! have any of u ever actually said u DONT like something? as in a corsa???

and richie what do u mean everyone on barry boys hides behind their words? u seem like a fairly literate bunch, im shocked!!!
why is ben bonzai not gonna be welcome at meets, dont like ppl actually saying something different??? and by the way, speed doesnt kill, bad driving does
kev_corsa

6th Jun 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » * 24 database queries in 0.0202761 seconds