corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Interior Paintwork

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interior Paintwork
ed

User status: Offline
13th Jun 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanna do my interior black and silver, but I'm worried about it chipping off. Painting it aint gonna be the same as painting the outside and getting a good finish, cos the paint don't stick to the plastic too well. Has anyone got any tips on what primers to use to get it nice.
Also, is there an extra thick, extra tough laquer that I could use to stop it from chipping off or wearing out. Cos theres nothing more tacky looking than badly sprayed interior plastics

The reason i'm asking is I want to do every piece of plastic in ther interior and some parts will get worn as the car gets used, places in the footwell could be coverd with clear plastic self adhisive tape I guess... Anyone done that?
Drysdale

13th Jun 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not an expert but I found through trial and error that the best way to get a good finish is to take your time. When you leave the paint to dry, give it longer. rub down lightly between each layer as this will give the next layer better stick. Finally when you've put the final coat of lacquer down leave it for a week or two, not just overnight.
martynbez

14th Jun 04 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i done mine, i got the can set's from vauxhall (whish u would use oin the outside). My advice is, loads of light coats and loads of finisher on it!

New Poll