corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any one know about wireless networking?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any one know about wireless networking?
Dom

User status: Offline
28th Jun 04 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
Originally posted by Richie
But you gotta be careful not to mess up the aerial resistance.....

aye true...but its the only way to go, if he cant use repeaters in someone elses house, then there is no point having one next to the wireless adaptor

only other way is to go into microwave links, which can be brought for about 1k to about 5k+ quid and will do anything from 500m to 20 odd miles - i was looking into this as my bro lives about 2miles away (as the crow flies) and he cant get broadband (small village)...but BT got their arses in gear so hes getting sorted in a few months

tbh, it comes to using bigger arial (in which case, need to look it all up etc etc) or going for a microwave link.....cant think of anything else

Im sure i can do it with a signal booster! just not sure which one!

look here http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=687946716&action=c2hvd3N1YmNhdGVnb3J5X3BhZ2U=&subcat_uid=489

[Edited on 28-06-2004 by TNM]

i dont see how though mate the thing will be right next to your adaptor (or not far away) therefore its still unlikely that it will get anything...like richie said, needs to be placed in between

you can try it mate, but personally i would just go for the aerial option and if you dont want to take routers apart then build a small machine next to the router (wire it directly using cat5 cable to the router) and pop a PCI card in the thing...then using omni-directional aerials >> HERE << has some info on this and >> HERE << about building aerials and changing adaptors for screw connectors etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any one know about wireless networking? 23 database queries in 0.3328919 seconds