corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Best exhaust for my car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best exhaust for my car?
mwg

User status: Offline
   17th Jul 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My exhaust is now officially fucked so i need a replacement and thought whilst Im there I may aswell get a full stainless system to replace the lot. Its a Corsa B 1.2 16v. any ideas wot to get? e.g. best mix of build quality, looks, performance & a nice sporty sound without being over the top. I dont want something that will deafen me but I still want it to sound loud when i boot it. Ive been told not to get a Powerflow cos they rust so was thinking either Magnex, Scorpion or Remus. Opinions and ideas please. Thanks
Marc D

17th Jul 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scorpion group a cat back 3.5" tail and 2.5" bore system
topshot_2k
Banned

17th Jul 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.exhaustsuk.com they will make you any system any size, sound for any car. I got my CAT back system with 4" exit for £290 all in. Comes with 25 yr warranty too
stuyw

17th Jul 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.5 bore is way too big for a 1.2. u only put 2 1/4" zorts on a 2.0 16v
hazey-corsa

17th Jul 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have heard gud fings bout piper exhausts, was lookin into gettin 1 for my car as my back box has just decided to fall off!
CorsAsh

17th Jul 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sebring cat back with 6x4 'box on the end. Lovely sound, great fit, excellent quality...

Also on 1.2...
mwg

18th Jul 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so wot about Piper exhausts then? and where can i get a Sebring system from? ive seen some corsas were the tail pipe isnt coming out of the back of the bumper straight. I want one that is straight cos it will look shit otherwise!

Ur Sebring one looks good Ash. 1.2 16v has the CAT at the front does this mean that I have to get a different exhaust to say a 1.2 8v in order for it to fit properly?
j0hn

18th Jul 04 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slanted is more euro style i think its cool also tho
Ant

18th Jul 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im so happy with my janspeed would recomend to anyone. I got full stainles system for about £240 i think
dazz25

18th Jul 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go custom, much better and you can have whatever you want!
black1.2sxi

19th Jul 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just ordered a piper one today 4 inch slash cut, ill let you know how it is when i getit.
mwg

20th Jul 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by black1.2sxi
ive just ordered a piper one today 4 inch slash cut, ill let you know how it is when i getit.
thats wot im coming round to thinkin of gettin! reckon u could get me a pic aswell? are u goin for full system or backbox mate?
sassyminx

20th Jul 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Sebring cat back with 6x4 'box on the end. Lovely sound, great fit, excellent quality...

Also on 1.2...

i got one of them, bigger the engine deeper the sound, i love mine but i think it sticks out too far im gettin it taken off and shortened this week
CorsAsh

20th Jul 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sassyminx
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh

Also on 1.2...

i got one of them, bigger the engine deeper the sound, i love mine but i think it sticks out too far im gettin it taken off and shortened this week

Mine sounds very deep actually, but I think the 8v engines generally have more of a burble than the 16s. Pops loads too when you back off the throttle.

BTW, mine stuck out too far when I first put it on, must be a Sebring thing... ended up cuttin about two inches off the end of the cat pipe, but it fits perfectly now...

[Edited on 20-07-2004 by CorsAsh]

New Poll