corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » p38 query

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p38 query
Graham

User status: Offline
19th Jul 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just applied a layer of p38 to the glove box door, and altho it looks a little bit messy, im guessin its gonna look alot better after sanding. but do i add another layer or two over the first or leave it, im reckon i should so when i sand it down it will leave a nice smooth layer without the orange peel or fibre glass. then also am i ok to use normal primer over this or should i put a bit of filler primer over it instead, then sand back again with some wet-dry 1200
ed

19th Jul 04 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You put it on to the depth you need it too. IF you only need a very thin bit of the stuff then just do one layer. Then smooth it off, where you have got imperfections put a bit more on and then smooth it all up nice and good. Once it is to an acceptable finish - all nice and smooth, use some normal primer on it, you will probably see some more imperfections theat need filling, you can either fill them and prime over, or you can just high build primer the lot to get rid of them if they are small enough... Then 1200 it smooth, paint and laquer.
neiliosxi

19th Jul 04 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

high build primer is best for small pin holes, spray a couple of coats on and then sand it back to filler, should sort it out!
Graham

19th Jul 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
You put it on to the depth you need it too. IF you only need a very thin bit of the stuff then just do one layer. Then smooth it off, where you have got imperfections put a bit more on and then smooth it all up nice and good. Once it is to an acceptable finish - all nice and smooth, use some normal primer on it, you will probably see some more imperfections theat need filling, you can either fill them and prime over, or you can just high build primer the lot to get rid of them if they are small enough... Then 1200 it smooth, paint and laquer.

thanks ed yeh well its dryin now in the garage so will be sanding down tomorrow night, hopefully it all goes well. just need to take my time on it

New Poll