corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help Keeping xe cool in corsa B!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help Keeping xe cool in corsa B!
miles

User status: Offline
27th Jul 04 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bonnet vents etc may help engine bay temp, but ultimatly its the air flow to the rad that your lacking, and need. No air in and all the vents in the world wont aren't needed to take it out.

Bigger rad would be a good start. Or try moving the rad lower so its in the gap in the bottom of the bumper.

Having fancy fans that are always on (inc. on the motorway!) are not all ideal, and are a hack for the real problem.

Tackle the cause, not the symptoms!
corsafreak

User status: Offline
28th Jul 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vauxtillidie
ive already took the inner arches out neway!

does the diesel rad make much difference, ive looked at these b4 but wasnt sure

fitting a larger rad will not cure the problem if there is still no air getting passed over it.

i think the answer is one you probably don't want to hear - open the grille up again .

i work on refrigeration which can have similar problems, block the condenser airflow(radiator) and it stops working.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll