corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my genuine gm bonnet dosnt fit right atall, its site way over to the right ??!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my genuine gm bonnet dosnt fit right atall, its site way over to the right ??!!
5doormodder

User status: Offline
   30th Jul 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i bought a brand new genuine gm bonnet, i badboyed it and extended it and went to fit it today and its way out !!it hangs over the wing to the right about 2cm and theres a massive gap on the other side. I know you can adjust bonnets slightly (back/farward/up/down etc) but you cant move them left to right, because the hinges are fixed in position and wont budge !?!?

i put loads of work and effort into it and it dont even fit right help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pllllllease!

[Edited on 18-05-02 by 5doormodder]
M4rk P

30th Jul 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

open the bonnet, and get someone to hold it. then go to the side that sits nearest to the wing and push it across quite hard until it sits right. if that dont work you can also hit the bonnet pin with a hammer, but not too hard
PaulW

30th Jul 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slacken the bolts & get it aligned proper - there a bitch to0 get lined up perfectly, but there aint no need to smack it
5doormodder

30th Jul 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tried slackening the bolts and moving it about. Ive removed loads of bonnets before (not corsa ones) and put them back on etc etc with no probs. jjust this one is being a bitch.

You cant line it up because you cant move the bonnet left or right, the only way to do it would be to bend the bonnet hinges over to the left about 2 cm?? will the bonnet still close properly if i do this ??

anyone else had this problem with aftermarket / new bonnets ??
Adam-D

30th Jul 04 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shove it over like mark p said

did this on a nova just gave it a few hard shoves and it was all good
5doormodder

30th Jul 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay, its a right piss about, i might have another go at doing it tomorrow with the help of a mate
M4rk P

31st Jul 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry if the hinges creak they do it all the time.

New Poll