corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wankers orange, can i get my money back?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wankers orange, can i get my money back?
Dean_H

User status: Offline
9th Aug 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phoned them 24th june to cancel my contract (which was gonna be 12months on the 19th july) they said no we need a months notice so it will be the 24th july when u receive your pay as u go sim card then we can cancel you. Ok faiir enough.

Was charged for July and thought thats it

Just found out im being charged another month (august) phoned them up and they said yea we are charging you another month cause you didnt register your pay as you go........ WTF I WASNT TOLD I HAD TO REGISTER PAY AS U GO TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT

so he said it was my word against his that i was not told AND IVE BEEN CHARGED £30 AGAIN FOR NOT EVEN USING IT AND IVE BARELY USED IT SINCE THE END OF JUNE!!!!

do you think there is anyway of me getting that £30 back that i didnt use my phone for a month?

ORANGE ARE WANKERS ! do not go with them money making wankers.
Pablo

9th Aug 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vodaphone did this to me and I never got nout back !
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Aug 04 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just stop your DD..
Darren

9th Aug 04 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah cancel ur dd mandate at the bank, sometimes they can drag the money back lol
Dean_H

9th Aug 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too late chris, they have already taken the £30 out

Was thinking about stoping it in the june but they have took £60 since then... from now on im not gonna give a fuk about these big companies and do things the way i wanna do it, they fuk everyone else around so im gonna start fuking them around.
CwmbranCorsaGirl

9th Aug 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you contact your bank they can recall the DD and the funds will come back to your account sometimes the same day
Bek

9th Aug 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt you'll get your money back but definately cancel your d/d's

i had to write o2 a letter to get them to cancel my contract, had to give them a months notice too so you might end up being billed for another month
Dean_H

9th Aug 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cruisin babe
i doubt you'll get your money back but definately cancel your d/d's

i had to write o2 a letter to get them to cancel my contract, had to give them a months notice too so you might end up being billed for another month

Yea i already have been billed an extra month thats why im pissed off about! For the reason that i wasnt told i had to register the pay as u go sim that i was given to cancel my contract.
AndyCorsa

9th Aug 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T-Mobile did this to me also. I phoned them up and asked to cancel after my 12th months payment had been taken out. They said ok but month after they took it out again. Rang them up and kicked off about it but they said they need it in writing and it states that in the contract. Got a 30 quid upgraded out of them for free though
purple_corsa_gls

9th Aug 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I, at the minute, am getting my eyes ripped out by T-Mobile. If i were to write a letter giving tehm a months notice, in advance, would i still have to pay the £82.40 to cancel early?

leni

9th Aug 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

threaten trading standards action!
transca

9th Aug 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goto the bank and ask for an indemnity claim for that DD. the bank refund you then the bank will claim it back from Orange
myke

9th Aug 04 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly the same thing happened to me with orange.

they said there was nothing they could do and i never got didlly squat back from it.
robbing fucks
BlueCorsa

9th Aug 04 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the PAYG SIM pack registered ASAP if you haven't already, and then you want to write to:

Orange Personal Communications Services Ltd
Correspondence Department
PO Box 10
Patchway
Bristol
BS32 4BQ

To complain and demand your £30 back - to be honest, I don't think you'll get it back, but when they ring you (which they should - tell them in the letter that you'll be waiting for their call ), you should be able to negotiate and they might arrange a credit onto your PAYG (better than nothing).
Git

9th Aug 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by transca
goto the bank and ask for an indemnity claim for that DD. the bank refund you then the bank will claim it back from Orange

Yep, just say it was outside of the agreement.
kinkycorsa

9th Aug 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All their calls should be recorded so it's not your word against theirs. I would suggest writing a formal complaint letter detailing who advised you what and when. Also check the details in your contract to ensure it's not a clause as if it is you are fighting a losing battle.

Otherwise just kick up a fuss demand to speak to the manager and they will refund it in some way to avoid a complaint.
Matt H

9th Aug 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think orange are mazin

look after me very well
Trucido

9th Aug 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh it probably says somewhere on a bit of paper that you need to register it...just about to start working for Orange
Black Corsa SRi

9th Aug 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple_corsa_gls
I, at the minute, am getting my eyes ripped out by T-Mobile. If i were to write a letter giving tehm a months notice, in advance, would i still have to pay the £82.40 to cancel early?

yeah if thats how much line rental you'd owe til the end of your contract. Doesn't matter when you cancel ie 1 month in to 12 months, or 11 months you still have to pay for the full 12 months you contracted to or however long the contract was
Matt H

9th Aug 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when will people understand that their bill is what they have used & not just some random figure that the networks make up. mobile phones are not free to use
chadjpr

10th Aug 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orange fcuked me over big time mate, did wat you did went onto pyg 2 years later got a bill for 220 UKFIN ASBAD QUID went to citizen advice, waste of fcukin time, they told me 'pay it or you will go to court'
WAT THE FCUK FOR!! i ask no piece of paper, even though the wanker on the orange end of the pone said 'wen you change to payg your contract is atomatitly canceled, ASSSHOLES
Bek

10th Aug 04 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if you dont register your payg how do they know that you've changed???

if you dont register it, they wont know, therefore they wont cancel your contract and you'll get billed again

its a known fact that you need a months notice to cancel a contract so why everyone doesnt get prepared is beyond me

[Edited on 10-08-2004 by cruisin babe]
--Dave--
Banned

10th Aug 04 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chadjpr
orange fcuked me over big time mate, did wat you did went onto pyg 2 years later got a bill for 220 UKFIN ASBAD QUID went to citizen advice, waste of fcukin time, they told me 'pay it or you will go to court'
WAT THE FCUK FOR!! i ask no piece of paper, even though the wanker on the orange end of the pone said 'wen you change to payg your contract is atomatitly canceled, ASSSHOLES

BlueCorsa

10th Aug 04 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Trucido
tbh it probably says somewhere on a bit of paper that you need to register it...just about to start working for Orange

They used to send out a bit of card with the PAYG SIMs saying that you need to ring up and register it to get your number transferred across and the special number for doing it - I think it's 0800 079 7777 but not 100% on that

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wankers orange, can i get my money back? 23 database queries in 0.2222500 seconds