corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headunit Pioneer DEH P9600MP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headunit Pioneer DEH P9600MP
DomS

User status: Offline
10th Aug 04 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys, after a bit of advice on the above head unit if anyone has one already...
Are they any good/problem and worth the money (seen for £399.99 )
Do they work with the steering controls and dash display with the adapters or would you spend ya money on something a little lower spec??

Thanks
supacook2k

11th Aug 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spend your money on the PANASONIC-CQ-C9800N its £30 cheaper and it kicks out 4x70w, i've got the model down from that which is 4x50 and i'm well impressed! just depends if you like the design!
Dom

11th Aug 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mint head unit mate got a pioneer myself and its excellent quality and offers great sound. Ive never had the 9600 mind, but loads of people say its well worth the dosh

As for panasonic, yea alright mate lol tbh, if you spending that kinda cash, im guessing you will have a decent amp setup so, it doesnt matter what the amp is pushing out. Plus the 70w is bullshite, its more like 30wRMS at the tops
Scotty_B

11th Aug 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the 8400 Pioneer, top unit.
gooner_47

11th Aug 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8600 here.. next one down from the 9600. gr8 unit, the colour oel display is fantastic (with ur own movies too) and sound quality is excellent.

As far as steering controls, I phoned my local ice dealer - they got onto Pioneer who've just released a new control adapter that works in the corsa (assuming that's your ride). If it works with my 8600, i'm pretty sure it'd work with the 9600 but u should double check on that one. Price for that was £36.
DomS

11th Aug 04 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice. Im 21 in just over a week so gonna treat myself to something swweeeettt!!!

Sorry supacook2k but thats a nasty looking unit compared to the pioneer.

Does anyone know if you can link a sub up direct or does it have to have an amp as i've seen some of pionners units with direct sub drive?

gooner_47

11th Aug 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm no expert, but from wot I've read on here u shud amp it. You'll get a far better result by doing that. Pretty sure this is the case, but wait for more confirmation from others on here.
Mikorsa16v

11th Aug 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just ordered it mate!
DomS

2nd Sep 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got me headunit fitted,and is working sweet!
Now i have got a sub and need to know if I can connect it WITHOUT an Amp, as I am been told Yes you can an No you need an Amp.

So can anyone clear this up for me??
ajscorsa

2nd Sep 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need an amp bud
DomS

2nd Sep 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any recommendations? Looking at the alpine MRP T220. I will be running a 10" JBL GT4.

Superfrog

4th Sep 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm, head unit sounds ok -personally i wouldnt go near jbl woofers though. but u definitely gonna need an amp to drive that baby properly. although a good few decks are comming stocked wif "sub-drive" and "low pass filters" it just wont cut it. that sub will require at least a 100watt rms input if its gonna drive even half-decently

New Poll