corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone own their own business ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone own their own business ??
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
14th Aug 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am soon to be opening up my own business doing patios driveways and all kinds like that basically I need to open up a business account but want some knowledge of banks before I go steping me size nines into something daft, just after some guidance really from thoses in the know, I hjave been to some banks for info but there is nothing like first hand experience thanks for your time cheers Paul...
Ally

14th Aug 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you have an accountant and someone whos in the know with tax and stuff like that
Karnage Corsa

14th Aug 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got all that sorted someone in the family saving me cash although I will have to shot some cash her way I saved her about a grand laying her a concrete driveay Favout for a favour
Ally

14th Aug 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye

My boyfriends dad owns his own building company, Its a sucessful company, but they have made alot of sacrifies to get where they are now.

You really have to be able to put 100% effort in every day to make your company sucessful.

But hey man, if u think you can do it then go for it
GREG 1

14th Aug 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say patios do you mean patio doors or paving ?
AndyW

14th Aug 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pavin i expect

good luck with it mate...lot of money to be earnt there a long as ur willing to work hard for it!
GREG 1

14th Aug 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thought so, just i work in the patio, windows, doors & conservatory industry so could of helped !

No probs
Karnage Corsa

14th Aug 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry been getting ready to go out im a fanny, yes its patio paving block paving and the likes Iam a damn good worker and I have wanted this now for a few years but you need to have bottle to give up a job earnign £300 a week to set up a business that you dont necesarily know its going to work out for the best. Now I have lost my job it gives me the best possible platform to work from I have just set up my business plan that will be put in front of the council in a couple of weeks in order to obtain a grant for my business basically need about a grand to get a whacker plate and stihl saw I have al the other tools I need, basically all I need then is a van which is going to cost at least 2k for something like a transit tipper I just need to get some details on how much tax would be on one of those first before I make any decisions.

I am not afraid of making hard decisions if something has to be done for the good of the company then I am the man to do it I will work 24/7 if I have to I want this to happen so much its unreal. Just need some info on banks as I dont want to jump into anything
ed

14th Aug 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Natwest seem to be really good with thier business account clients. They give you lots of help when starting up so you can get it right and not make too many losses. Make sure you have an accountant, and be prepared to cout back on things you like cos you probably wont make much profit in the beginning. It's all worth it in the end though, thats what you got to keep thinking.
Nismo

14th Aug 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i will be soon.
Karnage Corsa

14th Aug 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know to be honest all I want to do is be able to live comfortably even on £200 a week if I could live off that for a year the business by then should begin to pick up and then I can put my prices up slightly, the hard thing is getting all the insurances Ineed I need public liability insurance to cover me for £2 million and Iwould need employers insurance if Iget that I am going to try and get a couple of young hard workign lads working for me I know a local training centre and I get on well with the bloke who runs it so I think I can get a good deal there its all ifs buts and maybees at the time being btu I am getting there slowly its just going to take time I suppose lot of stress to take and a lot to come I suppose
Graham

14th Aug 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will be setting one up next year online business, small company doing made to order products jus gotta pay off my debts so far
James

14th Aug 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to pete from PVD, he seemed to have the right idea
a_j_mair

14th Aug 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it normally takes a buisness three years before they startmaking profit. my dad has his own construction company but it aint just a job its a whole life. things beginin to get that busy could expand but isnt wantin any more hasssle, thinks he is big enuf as is, started to turn work away. uncle works for stewart landscape doin patios n stuff, makes out if gettin vig bucks but he us payin men cash in hand and gettin taxed and in general is a big fucken dickhead!! best advice is to go all above board with every thing11
J da Silva

14th Aug 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i have my own fireprotection firm
dinosaur

14th Aug 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, if it takes a business, normally, 3 years to make profit then they chose the wrong business or they are making one hell of a profit and had to work for three years to achieve it. But that would only encompass firms the size of Rover !

A business can make money from the word go, it all depends, the most lucrative way of making money is not breaking your back building or mechanics or something , although of course they are honest worthy trades, but selling something or doing consultancy.

Some guy I know sells phone accesories on ebay and in a small shop and he rakes it in, like making over 100,000 profit a year. He does not have to work that hard, just be organised.

Another guy I know opened a Garage and does MOT testing, repairs and busts his ass. He has plenty of business but makes a small profit only, enough to keep rolling.

Funny old fucking world.

BTW, Co-op are good for business accounts.
purple_corsa_gls

15th Aug 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads an Independant Financial Adviser and his company, took years to start making money. I think he started on his own about 10 years ago, we had nothing for ages, had people knocking at the door becasue we couldnt pay the mortgage etc. I had a childhood of hand-me-downs!

it proves that if you put the graft in it works though. I remember him waking us up as he left at 7 and didnt get it until 8-9 some nights. Its nice to show all the snobs that shunned us, in our old street, that he's made it. There was one time when no-one would have spoken to us, then he went to visit friends there about a month ago pulling up in his '04 reg jaguar and they were round like flies on pig shit. Hes had to work for it though.

Good luck mate
Karnage Corsa

15th Aug 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple_corsa_gls
My dads an Independant Financial Adviser and his company, took years to start making money. I think he started on his own about 10 years ago, we had nothing for ages, had people knocking at the door becasue we couldnt pay the mortgage etc. I had a childhood of hand-me-downs!

it proves that if you put the graft in it works though. I remember him waking us up as he left at 7 and didnt get it until 8-9 some nights. Its nice to show all the snobs that shunned us, in our old street, that he's made it. There was one time when no-one would have spoken to us, then he went to visit friends there about a month ago pulling up in his '04 reg jaguar and they were round like flies on pig shit. Hes had to work for it though.

Good luck mate

Nice story mate I know exactly what you mean mate our family comes from the same background really
Bek

15th Aug 04 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have my own accountancy business if you need any advise
Karnage Corsa

15th Aug 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks a lot U2U Sent

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone own their own business ?? 23 database queries in 0.0116639 seconds