corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Smoothing !!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smoothing !!!
Chilts

User status: Offline
15th Aug 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to smooth my corsa off. should i attempt it myself or does it need to be proffesionally done if not how do i go about doing it ?
R Lee

15th Aug 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pro.

unless you have plenty of time and patience.
Chilts

15th Aug 04 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much does it cost u know ?
Greasemonkey

15th Aug 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ya smoothing, bumpers?, boot?, door handles?
Chilts

15th Aug 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bumpers and arches on this what ya rekon ?

[Edited on 15-08-2004 by Chilts]
JOPO

15th Aug 04 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pro mate you wid be there fur yeers n then it would still never be right tae be honest smoothed arches are ugly aswell n a wouldnt waste ma time smoothin that bumper
Kris TD

15th Aug 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not difficult, no bodywork is, just most people on here assume it is so pay someone too do it. just time consuming.
JOPO

15th Aug 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if ye dont have a clue yel no be able tae feel if its smooth and no ripples as good asa pro
CorsAsh

15th Aug 04 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
its not difficult, no bodywork is, just most people on here assume it is so pay someone too do it. just time consuming.

Agreed. Provided you're that way inclined, spend the money you'd spend on a bodyshop, get yourself a compressor and learn by doing. Just don't expect to get it right first time

As an example, the local bodyshop wanted 350 quid to do my arches and airdam (despite me prepping them), instead I spent about half that on a better compressor than what I had and did it all myself... Much more rewarding too
RichR
Premium Member

15th Aug 04 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ur smoothing be sure to use Biaxial matt as opposed to chop stran fibre glass matt - the inhernet structural properties of the woven matt mean u wont get cracks developing - then overlay the matt with a surface tissue followed by a skim (and literally a skim) of P38 body filler

one question - is it best to remove the paint to bare metal before laying up the glass?
JOPO

16th Aug 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

puttin it onto bare metal would give it a better surface to stick to n theres no paint fur anythin to react to or anythin

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Smoothing !!! 23 database queries in 0.0088499 seconds