corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO peeps who have meshed bumper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO peeps who have meshed bumper
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
16th Aug 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a standard front bumper at the mo (1.4 sport model) and want to mesh the top and bottom 'gaps'. do you just cut the two bars out and sand em down then mesh or what do i need to do?
pics of people's meshed standard front bumpers would be great
uprated

16th Aug 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meshed up my standard bumper, although in my av pic you cant see the bottom mesh, i took my bumper off cos the bottom part was too hard to mesh with it on the car, its easy though once the bumper is off, cant remember whether the grilles are actually bonded or clipped, i remember mine snapped off though. then just get some silicone on your mesh and weigh it down till its dry, piss mate
topshot_2k
Banned

17th Aug 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the two bars that go across the front bumper 'gaps' are moulded as part of the bumper so do i jus cut em out and mesh over the gaps? wont you see the cut marks on the bumper? my car is 1996 so dont have V Grill!!!!!
vesko_m

18th Aug 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i recently meshed my standard bumper. first the top gap (not enough time for the bottom one) but when you cut the bar across the top one you will see the cut marks, even there will be three wholes (i've got 1994 corsa and i think this is the case with all pre 97 corsas)
so you will have to prepare to fill these gaps (i used fiberglass) it was easy even without removing the bumper ( at least for the top one)
after that a little respray
and after that attaching the mesh

i tried to post a picture, but i can't see it, here is a link:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vesko_m/detail?.dir=/93d7&.dnm=3783.jpg

cheers

[Edited on 18-08-2004 by vesko_m]

New Poll