corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this worth it??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this worth it??
mark6821

User status: Offline
25th Aug 04 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it worth me removing my cat on my 1.6 sport will i notice a difference ive got a powerflow system with 2 3' pipes from the cat back also are there any little tweaks i can do to the engine to get a bit more power, ive just got a bfo for it and dont have a lot of money!!
broster
Premium Member

25th Aug 04 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted a decat to mine made a bit of difference mid range i found, also my engine is tuned a tad more than yours, your bes tbet it to find a new inlet manifold for your car, velos(think they may have shut down tho), manzel and lexmaul make them, the velos and manzel give better peek power than the lexmaul one btu they are different to it. erm...mods on the cheap, maybe just try the decat for now the inlets start at 250ish. also you could try putting a standard air box on and drilling the botom corner of it, some people say it makes a difference, not sure my self tho. hope this helps

[Edited on 25-08-2004 by broster]
Ditch

25th Aug 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont spend the money on Air filters or zausts, just put everything you got together and buy an inlet manifold from one of the companies Broster mentioned!

tis the only way you will get a noticable power increase...

[Edited on 25-08-2004 by Ditch]
mark6821

25th Aug 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for your help lads, will start saving how much is it to have one fitted?

[Edited on 25-08-2004 by mark6821]

New Poll