corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Uneven tyre wear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uneven tyre wear
corsa5dr

User status: Offline
26th Aug 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know my car isnt a corsa but this topic is pretty much universal and i will get a quicker reply on her than on the PGAC
Today i was removing the inner arch on my drivers side as it had come off and was rubbing slightly on my tyre on full left lock, making a silly farting noise. I had the wheel on full right lock so i could get to the arch, and found that whilst most of my tyre tread was good, (what you would expect at only 6 months old) the inner side of the tyre was almost bald, the passenger side is the same.
I presume this isnt caused by cornering quickly as the tyre wear would be even. My tracking is out slightly (pulling to the left), is this the problem, i know tracking can cause uneven tyre wear but i didnt realise it was this extreme!
Are there any other things that have caused this?
Bit pissed off as im trying to sell the wheels and they will need two new tyres even though most of the tread is pretty good.

Cheers
Oli.
Rileysport

26th Aug 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trackings out dude
ikky

26th Aug 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its your camber
corsa5dr

26th Aug 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is?
ikky

26th Aug 04 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the camber,because its lowered, your wheels sit like this/ \ instead of straight, causing the inners to wear quicker. on corsas its hard to adjust. may be easier on your pug
corsaandy

26th Aug 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it could also be caused by the tracking trust me thats what was wrong with mine. have you lowered it because as soon as you do you need to get the tracking redone.
corsa5dr

26th Aug 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was lowered, tracking was redone. But it was knocked out by a killer speedbump a few months ago, and i didnt get it sorted that time.
corsa5dr

26th Aug 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wear is not slight, its a very extreme variation between the outer section of the tyre.
Car is going for a service tommorow so will ask there and get tracking done too

New Poll