corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F**KIN EXHAUST (C20 XE)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F**KIN EXHAUST (C20 XE)
big eck

User status: Offline
   3rd Sep 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just got my car back on the road after 2 months and the exhaust has come off at the centre section AGAIN, this will be the 4th time i've had to fix it back on

Theres no damage to it and when I fit it its a good fit and is clamped up really well (any tighter and i'll snap the clamp), I think theres too much play in the engine mounts and the flex from it is pulling it apart, does anyone know if I can just replace the rubbers in the mounts or do I need to replace the actual mount????

Any help on this would be much appreciated as its really starting to piss me off

[Edited on 03-09-2004 by big eck]
Fad

3rd Sep 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine used to do this all the time...bascially chceck where the manifold botls to the system that the bolts are spring loaded bolts to allow the join to flex when the engine is under load

where i didnt have them, every time the engine rocked it was pulling out the system from the centre section.

also if its stainless steel get the joints TIG welded

[Edited on 03-09-2004 by fadscorsa]
drunkenfool

3rd Sep 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is rattling loads at the moment, hoping it stays togeyther till i get my full stainless system on thursday
big eck

3rd Sep 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad - the manifold joins onto my centre section by means of a sleeve and a standard clamp fits over it and compresses the pipes together to hold it in place I dont think spring loaded bolts would help and yes its a full stainless system and has been fully tig welded
Fad

3rd Sep 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Fad - the manifold joins onto my centre section by means of a sleeve and a standard clamp fits over it and compresses the pipes together to hold it in place I dont think spring loaded bolts would help and yes its a full stainless system and has been fully tig welded

you see my manifold joins to a decat pipe that slots into my system and thats the point where it used to blow them eventually pop out....i dunno what else to sugest as the spring bolts solved mine....

good luck with it all tho
ed

3rd Sep 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What have people done to mate thier 20XE manifold to the Corsa exhaust system, not ogiong the custom route 'til next yaer...
Adam_B

3rd Sep 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine goes onto this littel flexi section thing, never had any problems with it blowing off-

[Edited on 03-09-2004 by Adam_B]
big eck

3rd Sep 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm that looks like a good option Adam, my system is solid all the way down from the manifold to the back box the only thing though is that the flexi section looks like its welded into the centre section pipe and isnt availible on its own, or is it????
drunkenfool

4th Sep 04 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 4-1 needed to have an exhaust off a 2 litre diesel carlton cut up to get it to fit with the rest of the system.
big eck

4th Sep 04 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up
Adam_B

4th Sep 04 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Hmmm that looks like a good option Adam, my system is solid all the way down from the manifold to the back box the only thing though is that the flexi section looks like its welded into the centre section pipe and isnt availible on its own, or is it????

dunno mate, got it done at powerflow
corsafreak

4th Sep 04 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my jetex came with new rubber hangers, the difference is amazing the old system bounced all over, with the new rubbers it hardly moves at all.

should be able to order some from the jetex website or from demon tweeks maybe.
SportBoy

4th Sep 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the flexi as in the pic alot better .. you can snap the manifold if you dont
and-m

4th Sep 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adam, do you have a jubille clip to tie your cv boot on?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F**KIN EXHAUST (C20 XE) 23 database queries in 0.0128579 seconds