corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » big problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author big problem
langey

User status: Offline
8th Sep 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right can some one help me out,

i got a sub and the bass has just totally turned off. then when the bass kicks in the sub just goes bump....... bump........ bump........ bump.........

and the light on the amp starts flashing.

me thinks i've blow it up

what do you guys think? oh and the bottom of the sub were the magnet is, is fookin boiling
Richie

8th Sep 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you may have burnt the coil on the sub to be honest mate, you got another sub to try?
langey

8th Sep 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
I think you may have burnt the coil on the sub to be honest mate, you got another sub to try?

shit.

gf's birthday soon, and some lad was gonna buy the sub and amp off me for the same price i paid.
Dom

9th Sep 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye mate, either get hold of another amp to try or another sub and you can then tell whats the problem etc

Although, you can check if its screwed or not by wacking a multimeter on the + and - and reading the resistance Then checking it against what it should be etc etc
langey

9th Sep 04 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what can i do wiht the sub?? throw it away or can i get somthing sorted with the warranty/garantreE?
Richie

10th Sep 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Visibleman said, get a cheapy multimeter, measure the resistance accross the sub.

If it shows a different resistance ( i mean majorly different not like .4 or .5 out) then its probably shagged.

What sub is it mate out of interest? And way you say bump bump bump, is the speaker moving and producing no bass?
Dom

10th Sep 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, if the cone is moving, i wouldnt have thought it would be coil? although, surely the sub would produce something other than pushing air back and forth?
langey

11th Sep 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sub is an audiob ahn one. 500rms

i am only powering it tho at 400rms

the sub does move i can see and feel it moving wqith the tunes and its in time, but when the bass comes in, it just noit in time with it and it just goes bumo.....bumo........bump. like a heart beat, and a dead heart beat at that
Dom

11th Sep 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check coil mate, then see if you can borrow a mates amp and sub, and mix the lot together to see whats happening etc

New Poll