corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alton Towers anyone want to come?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alton Towers anyone want to come?
Kerry

User status: Offline
16th Sep 04 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant wait to go on the new pinball ride
Joff

16th Sep 04 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Everything 'cept Alton Towers

Thorpe Park is ace! When was the last time you went?

The Nemesis Inferno ride is fucking amazing! Beats Nemesis hands down.

I have never been

Nath

16th Sep 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry

Its wank. I queued for 2 hours thinking 'with a queue like this it must be good'. How wrong i was.

However you might as well go on it once to get it out of your system. Its a weird feeling going backwards and rotating but its still pretty lame.
shawboy

16th Sep 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what a way to celebrate, tis cheaper this time of year and only about £18 if u book online

only £15 if you go to mcds and get some vouchers.
Kerry

17th Sep 04 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry

18th Sep 04 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else?
Joff

18th Sep 04 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll go.
Kerry

18th Sep 04 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who are you?
Kerry

19th Sep 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 more week to go i am gettin excited
StuartVRS

19th Sep 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nooooo, go on the 29th im going then as its my birthday
StuartVRS

19th Sep 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Its wank. I queued for 2 hours thinking 'with a queue like this it must be good'. How wrong i was.

However you might as well go on it once to get it out of your system. Its a weird feeling going backwards and rotating but its still pretty lame.

couldnt agree more, we queued for about an hour and a half and the ride isnt even that good. When you go, if you insist on riding it make sure you join the queue as soon as you get in the park when it opens as you wont have to queue as long plus after that ride, they can only get better. I dont bother going on it anymore.
Greg_M

19th Sep 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im goin
Nath

19th Sep 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
quote:

couldnt agree more, we queued for about an hour and a half and the ride isnt even that good. When you go, if you insist on riding it make sure you join the queue as soon as you get in the park when it opens as you wont have to queue as long plus after that ride, they can only get better. I dont bother going on it anymore.

Spot on! I've riden it once and unless i walk past in the future and see no queue i shall not be going on it again. The best bit is when it goes pretty much vertically up then drops down a tight curve so your going backwards. Last time i went the queue never dropped below 2 hours The queue was shorter for Air and that ride is 10 times better
StuartVRS

19th Sep 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nath i also have a season pass and i went to alton towers the day it re-opened to the public. I went straight for spinball whizzer and actually queued for over 2 hours for it. The problem was people staying in the hotel and VIP people kept going up the fasttrack queue over and over again, meaning the general public were having to wait even longer. Its just an average ride at best. When i go on 29th september i will head straight for oblivion first ride, as we get in early and can normally get on first ride round and then stay on for a second go before anyone else has even managed to get in

PS Nemesis is still 10x better than nemesis inferno at thorpe park
StuartVRS

19th Sep 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have saved a fortune with this season pass. So far, i have been to thorpe park 5 times and Alton towers 4 times. I live 1hr away from thorpe so if we are bored, we just get up and drive there all it costs is petrol
Nath

19th Sep 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nath i also have a season pass and i went to alton towers the day it re-opened to the public. I went straight for spinball whizzer and actually queued for over 2 hours for it. The problem was people staying in the hotel and VIP people kept going up the fasttrack queue over and over again, meaning the general public were having to wait even longer. Its just an average ride at best. When i go on 29th september i will head straight for oblivion first ride, as we get in early and can normally get on first ride round and then stay on for a second go before anyone else has even managed to get in

PS Nemesis is still 10x better than nemesis inferno at thorpe park

Season Pass is ace isnt it? Best purchase i made all year I'm debating whether to go this friday.

I thought Nemisis Inferno was average until i sat on the front. No word of a lie it is so much better at the front then any other row. I used to not bother queueing for the front but the queue was very small so decided to try it. It was totally immense, was shocked at how different it was

Tidal Wave is a quality ride though, no denying that.
Nath

19th Sep 04 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i have saved a fortune with this season pass. So far, i have been to thorpe park 5 times and Alton towers 4 times. I live 1hr away from thorpe so if we are bored, we just get up and drive there all it costs is petrol

I live just over an hour away, just a short hop down the M1, then M25 and i'm there. 2 of use bought the tickets at the same time so we usually take the day off work and go as like you say its just petrol and food money.

Alton Towers is only around one and a half hours away from me which isnt too bad. Have you used the ticket at Chessington or Maddame Tussards yet? I havent

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alton Towers anyone want to come? 23 database queries in 0.0071852 seconds