corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » BIG BRAKE PROBLEM

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BIG BRAKE PROBLEM
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   27th Sep 04 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok my brakes are as follows:
v6 calipers
288mm black diamond drilled and groved discs
green stuff pads
braided lines all round

my problem is this:
when i brakes hard to start with the brakes are fine, but soon as they have warmed up a bit, after a bit of hard brakeing they start to vibrate like a bitch thru the stearing! the pads have loads left on them and i cant see it being warped discs as it only happens when brakes are warm and i brake hard! help what the problem! bushes are all new aswell!

all advice taken with thanks, this is starting to piss me off, fells like somethink has come loose on the front end......

[Edited on 27-09-2004 by broster]

[Edited on 27-09-2004 by broster]
MoNkEy MaGiC

27th Sep 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the bolts you used to secure the caliper with brand new???
my garage used my old bolts on my 16v brakes and one of the bolt on the passenger side fooking snapped when i drove of out of the garage and locked the brake up instantly!!! good thing i was only doing 10mph!!!
PaulW

27th Sep 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem on mine...

ended up being a very slight crack which only became noticeable when the discs were fairly warm/hot...
broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 04 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so my dicsc my be cracked, how can i check, man i hope no they are bloody expencive! and i supose hard to find now as pvd dont exist!
MoNkEy MaGiC

27th Sep 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you also need to let them settle in for first 200miles, so it might get better??
but i never had any problems with mine!!
broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 04 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah iv done a few thousand on them lol! so they are bedded in ok! new bolts were used
PaulW

27th Sep 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
so my dicsc my be cracked, how can i check, man i hope no they are bloody expencive! and i supose hard to find now as pvd dont exist!

think i read on here the fiat coupe discs will be ok, 288mm 4-stud, same PCD...

i took my car to a garage & asked, they said some flour or somethin just rubbed on the discs will show up any cracks & they did it while I was there, was only about half an inch long
broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 04 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may go and get some flour then and give that a go..... need to fix it as its pissing me off big time
Fad

27th Sep 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get thwe discs with the four stud fittment from places like LMF motorfactors, or V tunning, or even hi-spec
broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 04 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked didnt think of that, i want drilled and grooved ones again lol, they look so much better, and i dont want redrilled ones!
Fad

27th Sep 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well lmf can drill and grooved, and i am lead to belive V tunnings one are made by them so you can specify what you want Hi-spec tend to be re-drilled mercedees or volvo items

Oh yeah and from three different people (JR, Donna, Daimo) i have heard on the V6 Set up ditch the braided lines for original vaux items and it improves them...not saying take it as gospel but thats what i have heard

[Edited on 27-09-2004 by fadscorsa]

[Edited on 27-09-2004 by fadscorsa]
broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 04 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill see what the virdict is on the discs and give v-tunning a call. u got a number for them
Fad

27th Sep 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try and dig it out for one mate
broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 04 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers can u u2u it me please or ill loose it
Fad

27th Sep 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u sent
broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 04 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted

New Poll