corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » triple info display

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author triple info display
corsa_sri04

User status: Offline
29th Sep 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it possible to change the colour of the display in the middle of the dash?
WhiteGSI

29th Sep 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can, if you can manage to get hold of cobra148 he can sort it out. good luck trying though. ive been trying for ages and im still waiting
James_DT

29th Sep 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think greasemonkey has some spare's.
Joff

29th Sep 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteGSI
yes you can, if you can manage to get hold of cobra148 he can sort it out. good luck trying though. ive been trying for ages and im still waiting

I spoke to him the other day over email. He lives!
WhiteGSI

29th Sep 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so did i but he has gone again
mjw_2k2

30th Sep 04 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what colour u after mate cos i got a few spare blue ones here, u2u me
Cybermonkey

30th Sep 04 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah you can rob (cobra148) sorted mine out for me since i managed to break various bits gettin the MFD out, mine were red and looked great

Pic is crap, they were pretty bright and could see them in any light

Dave
blundey

30th Sep 04 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he regularly goes on here he is on corsa-c.co.uk alot thats where ive got hold of him 3 times in one week! miracle
cobra148

2nd Oct 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

White GSI email replied to.

Changing the colour of the mfd is no problem, I've got a few coloured films here for a triple colour too..
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 04 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Your Temp doesnt work either, neither does mine. Do you reckon if i got a new thermometor diode of ebay, it would work again?

If I were gonna put blue LED's into my clock display, how would I go about removing all of the centre piece?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
cobra148

2nd Oct 04 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m0nDe0
^^ Your Temp doesnt work either, neither does mine. Do you reckon if i got a new thermometor diode of ebay, it would work again?

If I were gonna put blue LED's into my clock display, how would I go about removing all of the centre piece?

Cheers

It doesn't show temperature in the above pic 'cos the unit is on my test bench, not in the car. If your temp isn't working, I'm 99% sure it will be the sender unit located under the front bumper, its a common problem on the corsa.
Its quite easy to remove the mfd, there are instructions in the tutorials on here.
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 04 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, I'll get a diode off of ebay then.

I've borrowed a Haynes Max Power guide of my mate, I'm sure that will tell me in detail how to pull out the dash and stuff.

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Joff

2nd Oct 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need the Haynes guide - there's guides how to do it here... on CorsaSport... for free... here...

Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 04 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh I've just taken the Clock pod thingy out to have a look, but when I put it back in, I noticed that the display wouldn't turn off again!

So I unscrewed it all again, and then the light went off, so I put it all back together and its stuck on again! Whats going on?

I did a quick forum search, and someone else had that problem and they had to get a new clock pod thingy from the scrappy! I cant believe its bust, as when I get it all into little pieces, it turns off like it should do!

What do I do ere' then?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Greasemonkey

2nd Oct 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when ya plug it in it will come on, so you can set the time and date etc, once ya set this then it will go off again.
My temp stopped working so i bought a new temp sensor but it didnt fix it, turned out to be the plug on the back of the MFD, if ya aint carful a couple of pins pull off the circuit board, so i carfully soldered them back on and hey presto it works again
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 04 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer I set the Time and Date, but it doesn't turn off after that, key out of ignition, lights off etc - still I can see what time it is! Maybe the ribbon is folded in a way that ive short circuited something. If I can't sort it, will it create too much of a problem? How much would this drain the battery etc.

Cheers

EDIT: Oh yer, when I get the MFD seperated from the dash, how do I unplug the wires? Last time I left them connected, and it was a bugger maneauvering rounf the thing to get the screws back in place

[Edited on 02-10-2004 by m0nDe0]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll