corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » getting a 2nd sub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author getting a 2nd sub
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
12th Oct 04 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i am going to be buying a new mono amp and want 2 12's.

I currently run 1 JL12W3V2 and want a second. Will it be ok to buy a new one, and run them in seperate boxs and quitly until the new one beds in...

i know at first the old one will work more than the new but will it even out over the course of a month or so???
mike_1.2LS96

12th Oct 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What i usually do to run in speakers, in the past, i would face them together, but wire one out of phase with the other, throw a load of duvets over them and left them running all day. A few days of this and they were coimpletely run in quick and simple!
AdiSRI

12th Oct 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm im not sureabout that, but the stereo gets a LOT of use in my car o thats not a problem.

Im more worried about if they will sond matched after a time or if one will be different to the other permanently...
Dom

12th Oct 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, only way to do it properly would be to take the old one out and run it for the same amount of time and the same volumes, then it will be the same. Although thats impossible to do, so only best way is run the new sub on its own for a few months then bung them together and see what there like You never going to get a perfect match, but i doubt you will notice any major differences - not to the average joe anyways
AdiSRI

12th Oct 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm old sub is nigh on a year old now...

and not exactly run low volume...

shall i just get 2 new ones?
Dom

12th Oct 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
hmm old sub is nigh on a year old now...

and not exactly run low volume...

shall i just get 2 new ones?

up to you mate, but it depends how much your worried about it like i said, i doubt you will notice any difference, but yea two new subs would do it, but tbh i wouldnt worry about, but thats mean
AdiSRI

13th Oct 04 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not bothered really, just am thinking about moving back to 10's rather than 12's, but i dunno tho.
mobymaster

13th Oct 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy 2 ya tight git

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » getting a 2nd sub 24 database queries in 0.0092289 seconds