corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LEXUS LIGHT LEADS!!- **HELP**

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LEXUS LIGHT LEADS!!- **HELP**
GAZRS

User status: Offline
12th Oct 04 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Ive got the usual Lexus Corsa B 3 door lights, one of the bulb holders/ connectors which hold thge bulbs in the casing has decided to stop working (popping the bulb out in other words!!!), so i need a new set leads for one of my clusters!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME?- i cant drive the car at all at mo, ive got no rear or brake light on the left hand side!!

HELP, QUICKLY..............

Thanks GAZRS...
modded_corsa

12th Oct 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you installled anything electric in your car recently?

checked the fues?

tryed another bulb to see if it works?

am guessing the bulb will be a twin filament also.........as you say ther only 3 holders.....reverse.....fog & brake and indicator.....

Joff

12th Oct 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the earth wire hasn't come loose from the plastic holder.

I've rebuilt loads of these looms in the past as they're always a bit shite.
Everything on the bulb holder should come apart (well it shouldn't but it does).

Feed the black earth wire down the side of the metal bayonet bulb holder, through the small hole in the plastic holder.
You should be able to wedge it back in tightly - see if that works without blowing bulbs.

New Poll