corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Injuries...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Injuries...
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
14th Oct 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What injuries have you sustained whilst workin on your cars?

I've had all the usual bruises and cuts etc, but topped them all today by settin my foot on fire

Just wondered what you'd all done to yourselves
ed

14th Oct 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skimmed knuckles, this is all.
Mattb

14th Oct 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gearbox falling on my leg
Dom

14th Oct 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
Skimmed knuckles, this is all.

yup only thing happened to me i usually get cuts just from washing the car, let alone when i have a play with it
CorsAsh

14th Oct 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've no pics as yet, but have been replacin the shocks on my car with bilsteins, got three on no probs, then one of the macphersons just refused to budge... spent ages fiddlin with it to get the spring and top mount off, then just got the angle grinder out and cut it to pieces... was there thinkin "my foot feels warm", looked down and it was on fire
ed

14th Oct 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm, were you wearing parafin coated cloths for shes?
CorsAsh

14th Oct 04 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, have some decent boots I usually wear, but have lost them, so was wearin some old trainers... Had been usin copious amounts of WD40 tho, so that may have been the accelerant...
cargraphics4u.com

14th Oct 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

skimmed some skin of my knuckle removing doorcards and a scar from it. I also managed to crush myself in between two cars..... Our driveway is on a slope and the car was in the garage with the front poking out a little bit, the wheels were jsut in front of the lip of the garage floor (slightly raised from drive). Anyway the battery was flat and I needed to get the car into the gargage a little bit further. So I stupidly decided to let the handbrake off and push it into the garage. The inevitable happened and as I pushed the car intothe garage the wheels bounced off the lip of the garage floor and the car started moving forward with the handbrake off This is the point were I started worrying...I could either let the car go and try to run round in time to grab the handbrake as the car was rolling down the drive or try to push against it and stop it crashing into the brand new '03 reg fiesta parked a little further down the drive. Well i chose the latter option and physics won...a tonne of car downhill was no match for me holding it back and I was sandwiched inbetween the two cars The force was quite hard and the fiesta actually moved a couple inches as I cushioned the impact of the corsa (with my knees) Needless to say it was rather painful and quite awkward to get out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Injuries... 23 database queries in 0.0096869 seconds